1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nonbinary Transition Options

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Redbud123, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Redbud123

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone!
    I was wondering if anybody had or knows someone who has transitioned to nonbinary via hormones for a more androgynous appearance.

In particular, I'm interested in mostly transfeminine type mtf hormone therapies.
    Like estrogen microdosing, or potentially using the SERM, Raloxifene.
    The objective being some feminization with low to no breast growth and hopefully without completely losing fertility.

I'm open to any advice or stories you may know of! Feel free to post them below.

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a trans guy, so it's not my personal experience to be transfeminine, but maybe I can offer some tips and I have more male hormones than most AFAB folk, so I took estrogen and blockers only to find out that it's not for me.

First of all, I found this article comprehensive, and the graphic is a very clear illustration:
    https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/9/6/1609/htm

It would depend what you mean by feminization - testosterone blockers like spironolactone can make the skin look better and more feminine and if gynecomastia appears, it's much smaller than on female hormones. But unfortunately hormonal or nonhormonal treatment might take a lot of trial and error to find the right combination that doesn't give you side effects. For me, if I wanted to look more feminine, I would probably need to turn to surgical and cosmetic procedures like laser hair removal, because I feel depressed and get anxiety from blockers and estrogen, and I probably have blood clots from hormones as well, and nausea is a significant problem for me.