1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No trans pride (help me please)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nailbug, Nov 8, 2014.

1. nailbug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i don't have my gender set as transgender on EC, even though i am indeed trans (FtM). i've known this since i was 13 or 14 and i've been out to friends and family for quite a while. i've even started hormone replacement therapy (since march 25th, 2014).
    like i said in the title, i don't feel proud of being trans. i see all these people online voicing their trans pride, and i feel envious of them. i wish i could embrace being trans as a positive thing but i just can't. i DO NOT think being trans is wrong or any of that transphobic shit, it's just that personally, i feel gross and weird because of what others have said. it's so stupid and i wish they didn't have an impact on me. i'm a sophomore in high school now, and when i look back on the rude things people called me in middle school, it still has an effect on me. it still makes me feel so vastly different from them. it's like they took my pride away from me. i still feel like no one will want a relationship with me because what i have is not what they want.
    the point is, i don't want to feel like this anymore. anything you guys have to offer is fine, whether it be personal experiences, general advice, whatever. thank you for reading. sorry if i put this in the wrong forum.

2. ouraborus

ouraborus Guest

Hey man, don't say that cus its not true :slight_smile: I was born girl, my body is still female but I know I want what a man wants. I had many relationships with straight girls. My current gf is straight,its another thing that relation with straight girls don't last :grin: but I do what I want not what I will have. So do not think that way,there will be people who will love u the way u r. Best wishes.

3. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Wow, can you tell me where you found these straight girls, I feel like girls arn't intrested in me because I'm trans.

4. SockPuppet

I think part of the issue may be because you're young. And everything feels bigger when you're in your teens, especially thoughts and feelings. This is in no way an attempt to disregard or downplay your feelings on the matter, it's major stuff, and clearly upsets you greatly.

Growing up is terribly difficult and high school sucks even for cis kids (I assume), so throwing in being trans in the mix just compounds all that bullshit, so you have a right to be upset. But this is just temporary. High school feels like forever...but then all of a sudden you find it done. And by the time it is, think of how far you'll have come. Getting started on HRT that early? You rock! I am super jealous! I'm 35 and just starting 'mones. You are amazing! :eusa_clap

Anyway, long story short, you don't necessarily have to be proud to be trans. Just be proud to be a guy, and the man you're growing into! And anyone who says otherwise can go fuck themselves. (*hug*)

5. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Hey, I felt the same way!! I've never had a relationship, and I'm 18 :dry:. However, I dressed up once, took a photo, and showed it to a very honest friend. She thought I was cute, and she's not one to tell ego-boosting white lies.

What's more, HER friend who didn't know me thought I was very attractive. And I'm 5'3".

So there's hope yet!!

6. Just Jess

For me any kind of LGBT pride has always been less about being proud because you're trans, and more being proud because you accomplish things in your day to day life with a disadvantage because you're trans. You did it all with one hand tied behind your back.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how you feel man. If only there was a way for people to switch bodies.. I really want to look like the hyper-fabulous girl I am on the inside, but everyone keeps telling me I look like several different male TV stars. Guys would be thrilled to hear that, I bet, but to a trans girl it isn't too nice. Thankfully, pretty much only nice people know I'm trans. Have to be careful because I live in south Georgia, a highly bigoted area. I don't get too many direct insults but just people calling me "he" on a daily basis really hurts.

I really can't see anything positive about being trans except not having periods... and trans guys don't get that either so that sucks. Even when you pass perfectly fine, sometimes your voice will make people look at you funny. I've been on self-practiced voice therapy for about a year, and going to high school halfway out of the closet has been... interesting to say the least. Not only is school full of idiots who will ridicule you for the way you are, use the wrong pronouns etc.. but then you get out of school and the gov is going to list you as the wrong gender on absolutely everything...

Really, not only do we face this issue 97% of society can't relate to, but a lot of them make it much harder on us. I fear this will be the case until we, say, get a open minded government with the benefit of the people in mind? but that's just fantasy you know. All they care about is pleasing the majority because the majority controls the elections. Since the majority seems to hate us, getting equal rights will be nearly impossible here in the "land of the free". (Rant over, my apologies. Took it too far.)

But my point is, just because a few idiots don't know what they're talking about, don't let it get to you. They just don't know what we're going through and I assure you, if they magically got put in the wrong body they would shut up really fast. Hang in there, friend.