1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no labels for me !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ellief, Jul 15, 2020.

1. ellief

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi people reading this ! ik most won't care or might even be confused by this, but i think i've finally figured out who i am really am. i finally feel at ease with myself and so i'd kind of like to explain. i have been searching so long for a label and it was always something that rly stressed me out cuz i felt like i never exactly fit a specific label. ik a lot of people see not labeling myself as internalized homophobia of not truly excepting who i am but its not like that at all. i deeply respect people with labels, and i think people without labels should be respected as well.
    i just don't see why it should matter what label i am, especially if i don't feel as if i fit certain labels. all i know is that im not straight, im not bi, im not gay, etc, im just me. sexuality is fluid and theyres such a wide spectrum between those labels and i'd just rather not have a label define me as a person because it just doesn't work for me. id rather not limit myself to the stereotypes and limitations that come with certain labels and just live free.
    i'm so much happier now that im no longer trying to find the perfect label and category to put me under, because there is no perfect one that fits me, so being without a label has left me so much happier, and ive come out without a label and i feel so much better about life in general.
    in no way shape or form am i trying to degrade people with labels nor disregard their experiences with their labels and finding them, i'm just trying to explain how i found myself. i didn't even know not labeling yourself was an option until recently, so having learned that has helped so much. i'd just rather like who i wanna like without any categories, labels, limitations or stereotyping. ofc not everyone feels this way and some people need a label to truly find themselves, but it was the opposite for me because finding a label was making me lose myself, and now that i've just stop trying to do so, i finally feel like my true self. im finally happy ! thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats on finding clarity! I wish we could all find that❤️

3. ellief

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks !

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Labels can be useful, but they can also be difficult, especially when we are at the questioning stage. If we find ourselves in an infinite loop of questioning it can sometimes be useful to take a time out and just say "I am me." That's not to say you will not re-visit the issue of sexuality or gender identity at some point, but taking time out and pausing for breath is both useful and necessary to prevent an emotional crisis over the issue. Far better to take a time out than investigate the myriad of obscure and bizarre labels that have been created over the last decade or so.

In actual fact, the realisation and acceptance that we are not 'this or that' is a big hurdle crossed. We often don't give ourselves enough credit for that as we attempt to journey on at break neck speed.