1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo 64 memories?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by unknown17050, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Sitri

By the time I got into video games, the nintendo 64 had run its course. Though I remember when I was nine or so, I went over to a friend's house and he was playing it. I never asked about it before then, and pretty soon we were playing Super Smash Bros. and he was beating me up with Fox and my hands were sore because I couldn't figure out how to hood the controller.

2. Waffles

All of these. <3

And then LoZ: Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64... If I could find my adapter, I'd plug in my N64 now...

3. Res

Res

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Banjo Tooie is still my favorite video game of all time. With Kirby 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Paper Mario, and Mario Party 3 still being in my list of favorite games (and I usually end up playing them every couple of years still - on my N64!).

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember falling asleep to the Dire, Dire Docks theme in Super Mario 64 and being terrified of the giant eel in the Jolly Roger world. Fun times, but not as great as when I'd martyr myself in Super Smash Bros for my team by taking my opponents off the edge with me.

5. sammy1

I think my fav n64 game was mario 64 and I loved Mario cart 64 as well! Now it makes me wanna play it again...I think it's buried in my brothers room somewhere! Old school games will always be the best! :slight_smile:

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Mario Kart 64!
    Golden Eye!
    Star Fox!

7. arcchi

oh man, nintendo 64, just good times.
    Actually i'm a nintendo maniac, before i die i will work to nintendo, i could ever be the coffe server...

Ok, coming back to Nintendo 64, i remember i was young and go a lot to a friend's house (she had a N64) and just play all the day Diddy Kong Raccing. We were really competitive. I remember a especific day were she pull my control (sorry control) from my hand on one of those key level (the snow one) and bomb my car, i get really mad.

8. iHateThinking

Attempting to play Mario Paint at my cousin's house. Super Mario 64, I believe Banjo/Kazooie.

And in more modern times, playing Mario Kart 64 with my friends and playing Super Mario 64/LoZ:OoT on an emulator. My friends and I would sometimes have retro gaming days where we just played classic games (since our one friend is a hardcore gamer and loves all generations of consoles pretty much). Good times, good times. :slight_smile:

9. jraskolnikov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I used to play my brother's N64 when I was about 5-6 years old with my first game being Super Mario 64 which was a fun game. I've played other games like Legend of Zelda, Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie etc. The most difficult game I've played was Jet Force Gemini; it was really hard to find the ship parts in order to even get to the last boss.

10. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So many memories with the N64, it's probably my favorite TV console. I didn't actually own one until around 2002-2003 which was near the end of its life/when Xbox & Ps2 were coming into the picture, but I was around 9-10 years old and it was the greatest thing ever created to me at the time. Many nights spent staying up w/ friends playing 2-4 player splitscreen Goldeneye, not to mention all the other classic n64 games.

11. Thedistra

Renting Super Smash Bros and rampage. We had to of rented them each 20+ times. Still wonder why my parents never just bought them. Wonderful times playing with my cousin and my sister. Mario party and Diddy Kong racing as well but the other two had countless more hours into them.

Watching my cousin play the Zelda's many times is quite memorable as well.

Oh and Pokemon Stadium.

12. ZenDreamer

Nintendo 64 is my all-time favourite system... there's too many memories to retell. But one fond memory comes from a little known game by the name of San Francisco Rush: 2049. Not a stellar game by any means, but I always remember having mad fun with it, playing with my older bro.

We would spend hours upon hours in the Stunt Mode, trying to outdo one another with tricks and speed jumps, all the while listening to some mellow tunes, courtesy of Moby. :wink: Fun times indeed. The same can be said for Goldeneye and Prodigy. I'm not sure why my brother and I felt the need to listen to eclectic music while we played games, but it made an impact; those are some of my fondest memories.

13. Iodine

Out Status:
    All but family
    I was pretty young when 64 came out, but I remember playing this snowboarding game called 1080. It was probably my favorite thing to do when my brother was around, because he would let me win. IIRC, this was my gateway to being the gamer I am now.

14. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I first got my N64 it was because I had heard about the Hey You Pikachu game and started flailing about begging for the game- so we got the special version of the console with the game~ Thus, most of my memories of the console are of that.

Oh, and playing one of the Zelda games for the first time and wanting to kick something because I kept having to swing on these chandelier things and fell on my face more times then I could count. (Numbers and I never got along back then).

15. C P

C P

Funnily enough, my family had the likes of the SNES, NES, Genesis, etc. that I did play a little of(though I was really young) but I didn't get much into gaming until halfway through the N64's years.

My cousin had one that I played a lot of Ready 2 Rumble and GoldenEye 007(multiplayer is crazy fun) on and my brother's mentor got us into the likes of the Mario Party series, 64, etc.

16. ZenDreamer

I just read this, and funnily enough, Dire, Dire Docks was one of the video game music tracks I remember also falling asleep to. Rather vividly, I might add. In fact, I'll often find myself playing this as ambience within some remix to help me sleep now and again. Along with Tetris Music C and Stickerbrush Symphony. Haha, yes, I love me my game music.

17. C P

C P

The nostalgia of some of those memorable music tracks...ones that instantly play in your mind when you see the name, ha.

18. SilentCreatures

a local shop here still sells the games and does a roaring trade. So many games available and consoles. people love the nostalgia. I can't list all the games I enjoyed but I remember many a day with friends on Mario kart

19. Foxface

Never will I EVER forget this moment

I played Goldeneye like...hours per day. I got good...real good with the grenade launchers. So one day we are playing a three player match in temple. I in one stairwell below the main temple floor, my buddy is in the opposing stairwell and my third friend is on the main temple floor approaching the main floor between us

To hear the third guy tell the story is the funniest. He's runnimg across the main floor, hears the launcher go off then see the arch of the trajectory of the grenade that lands square on the second guy. He proceeds to to say "F this" and runs the other way.

I don't know why but we laughed for days about that

Foxface

20. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I recall a James Bond game (not Goldeneye), in which you were given a grappling hook!

I was able to learn and utilize this grappling hook far faster then my many friends, and they labeled me "Spiderman", as I would shoot about any given level quickly and shoot rockets to kill everyone in my path.

I recall many angry comments of how I cheated, and perhaps I did, but it was good, and I rejoiced!

In retrospect was that the N64 or the Gamecube? Er....I recall a number of cheats in Empire Strikes Back that allowed you to see odd stuff and secret areas....thought the game was just....better then any mystery novel I ever read. Goldeneye too was full of odd game shark junk. Glad to see the Citadel level was confirmed if entirely broken in it's original form. The Dam island? I can recall second to second my first cheat trip there!