1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kmermaid00, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Kmermaid00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi. I'm new here. I don't know how to label myself other than not straight. I've been married for 13 years to a man. 5 years ago I had an affair with a woman. She was my first to be with and I fell in love with her. It ended and my husband and I got back together. Right now we are going through a divorce. I have a support group in town that I go to once a month. I hardly ever talk there. My family is hateful towards me especially when they refer to me not being straight. My family knows I'm not straight and his family knows too because of the affair. Only close friends know too. Eventually I want to be out. More than anything I want my family to love me and accept me for who I am. Hopefully the divorce will be over within this year. Are there any books or blogs that would be helpful in my situation?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Kmermaid00, welcome to EC. :gay_pride_flag:

There are quite a few people here going through the same thing as yourself. Unfortunately, I don't know of any books or blogs that relate to your situation. However, you may find some similar stories from other users here in the LGBT Later in Life sub-forum.

Hope you find what you're looking for here, and if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to message either myself or another member of staff. :slight_smile: