1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to EC and also being able to talk about my feelings.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Bob J20, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Bob J20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Been a member for almost 2 weeks, and I don’t think I ever introduced myself. I go by Bob, and I am a 67 year old bisexual man who has held inside being a bisexual most of my life. In the 2 weeks I’ve been here I have met a few really nice and understanding men. I do enjoy the company of women, but I feel so much more at ease being with a man. I live in a very rural community and my closet door has been closed for almost 50 years. EC gives me the opportunity to discuss everything about being attracted to men and I feel very fortunate to have found this website. If you are an older fella who also likes the company of men and would like to talk about it, I hope you will contact me. Being able to talk about my attraction is something I’ve never done before and the last 2 weeks has given me that opportunity and a lot to look forward to.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bob.....Great to see your post here on the "Welcome Lounge" I hope you are finding good things here on Empty Closets. We are glad that you are here!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. buzzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome Bob! That's what we're here for.

4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, @Bob J20! We're happy to have you, and I'm glad you've already made some connections. Empty Closets is all about making those connections and giving LGBT folks a voice when they otherwise don't have one in their day-to-day lives.

I hope your time here continues to be fruitful and filled with positive interactions. :slight_smile:

5. Bob J20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you BiGemini. Funny thing. I’m also a BiGemini. Our birth reunions are rapidly approaching. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I’m trying to differentiate between the love or sexual pleasures with men and how comfortable I feel in the presents of men while living in a world where being in love with another man is taboo.

6. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Bob, welcome to EC. It's so good to have you among friends.

7. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha, small world! Are you in the May or June half? And no problem at all! We all have to start somewhere, and EC is a great place to talk about these things. As tolerant and accepting as many people are nowadays, we still have our work cut out for us, eh? I hope we're able to help you navigate these feelings and above all, come to accept yourself for them. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to reach out!

8. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How is going Bob? So glad your here. Your story is my story, except I’m a little older than you. My door was almost totally closed for almost 44 years. Last time I had an encounter with another man was in my drinking years. Stopped drinking, stopped engaging any part of the real me until last July. Long story so maybe we can stay connected and discuss the challenges we both have this late in life. Glad you’re here. You are in the right place believe me.