1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dekenkaru, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Emulator

It depends on which way Disney wants to take it. The original films will still be around, no doubt, and the characters and storyline will remain the same. Well, if Disney really "ruins" it, the fans will likely stick to the original trilogy since it's not edited out entirely. Star Wars has been around for decades and it will be tough to change it all with the release of one new film.

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    20th Century Fox Still Owns Rights To First Six ‘Star Wars’ Films, Making Original Box Set Difficult | /Film

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh, I think a scene like that would be an improvement, actually, over the recent films.

I'd like to see more humor, maybe Darth Vader doing a few musical numbers; Chewbacca attending a galactic furry convention and 'hooking up'...stuff like that.

4. hewkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think a lot depends on who gets casted... please Disney just this once NOT Johnny Depp!

5. Hyrion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You couldnt say it better

6. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    Well, the original trilogy were full of positive heroes, noble, likeable character pretty much all of them. If some of the characters had some errors or spots when they got introduced you could be sure that they gonna be working for redemption in the whole next 90 minutes. Good was very good, bad was very bad, it was a black and white world with clear sides and no compromises. Even truning Darth Vader back from the dark side was something you could be sure of during the whole Return of the Jedi movie.
    The new movies? Not so much a clear case. The personas are grey all over, they have doubts and dark traits, good intentions but big faults as well. And boy do they make mistakes! They frak up all the time! And at the end of the day it's hard to build attachment to characters who you know gonna turn bad or get cheated and become exiled or die. Besides, there is this big, dark cloud hovering over the whole storyline because you know things are need to turn to the really-really bad state as they were in the beginning of the first movie/episode 4, so it's quite difficult to feel happy or relieved on those interstitial happy endings.

All in all I still prefer the old trilogy. In my honest opinion Star Wars alway was and alway should have been this fairy tale set in space, the young knight saving the pricess and banding up with robin hood to fight off the dark wizard in the tower. That's all the whole story is about but that's all right, that is why we loved it! But it seems Lucas had a change in heart with the new trilogy, these were grown up movies with grown up personalities facing no so clear problems in a much more deceptive and manipulative world. I mean, it's still cartoonish and playfull, but for me it lost nearly all of it's childlike optimism and magic I liked the whole franchise for.
    If Disney can restore all of that in the new movies I'm all in. If not, I'm still gonna welcome them with a lukewarm cheer. If nothing else, for the sake of good memories. :slight_smile:

#26 etiggy, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  7. blaidd drwg137

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can't Eff then up anymore than Lucas did -_-' I'm going in with very low expectations that way I won't be let down again

#27 blaidd drwg137, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013