1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"New" Member? Anyways, hi.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Love is love, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Love is love

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello!!
    My name is Love, I'm 15. I joined EC in December of last year, and for a few weeks I was fine, having fun, and chattin' with folks. But then my parents found my EC account, blocked the site (and any other lgbt+ sites) and I couldn't talk to y'all. :frowning2:
    For a year, I couldn't talk to any one in the queer community. Which was Not Good for my mental health. But then, I got my neighbor's wifi pass. So now i can go onto lgbt sites and EC again!
    Hooray!
    So, what did I miss?
    [And does the site look different or is that just me?]
    ~Love

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! So sorry to hear your parents blocked the site (so incredibly shortsighted) and glad to hear you've reestablished a connection. And kudos for cleverness in figuring out how to do it :slight_smile:

Yes, the site is completely different than last December. We transitioned to a new platform that offers a lot more features and a better mobile experience back in the spring. There's more coming at some point next year as well. :slight_smile: