1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New! Kind of.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by atomicjxnn, Jul 12, 2018.

1. atomicjxnn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think I used to have an account here, or something like this, back when I was younger--like, fifteen or something. I'm a little older now.

I don't really know what I'm doing here, but I don't have a ton of support in real life from my family, so I figured I'd go on here just to kind of talk about that.

I'm originally from Pennsylvania and moved out to Los Angeles a few years ago, definitely to escape my religious, homophobic family. It worked. I definitely don't recommend just coming out (haha) to a big city to escape unless you're absolutely financially stable and have some sort of plan unless your family absolutely sucks, but I thankfully was okay. My family isn't so bad anymore, but we're still on weird terms. That's... that, I guess. They like my girlfriend and can tolerate seeing me during the holidays, but you know. That's about it.

It's been a long road to ending my internalized homophobia and just loving myself, and it certainly isn't over, but I'm somewhere. That's good enough. I guess I'm here mostly to track more of the adulthood part of my "coming out" process, even though I'm out to pretty much everyone I know except my family (aside from my parents, ironically).

I hope that everyone has a great day! I know I will! If anyone needs any advice or help or a friend... I got you!

2. atomicjxnn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just kidding! I found my account. What a beautiful story of self-discovery :grin:

3. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC discovering your self takes a while for me I knew when I was a kid now im 29 and out