1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here and thought I should introduce myself

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by QuietPeace, Aug 26, 2020.

1. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a woman who moved from her nation of origin to another quite far away in order to marry someone who I had known long distance for several years. Unfortunately that relationship ended up being abusive (sadly all of my serious relationships have been that way). I am now trying to stay in the new country because it is far safer and more comfortable for me than I ever was where I was born and grew up.

As far as being LGBT I am Panromantic. I believe that I am somewhere on the asexual spectrum but not sure where. I do have sexual feelings and can be attracted to people so I am not asexual. In relationships where I have had sex my interested level was lower than my partners which has caused problems. I have also had problems with how I was approached and treated about/during sex and I believe that is part of why I avoid sexual situations.

I guess more details can eventually be brought up as I interact in threads and discussions.

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @QuietPeace and welcome to EC.

I’m sorry that your relationship was abusive. I have been in an abusive relationship myself and know how horrible it can be. Well done for recognising the abuse and getting out. I hope you find the support that you’re looking for at EC.

#2 LostInDaydreams, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020