1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hairdresser

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by greatwhale, Jul 31, 2013.

1. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I have had several massages by gay men (in Provincetown, no less :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)...not at all sure if that counts as "gay massage", but they were by faaaar superior to those by straight men or women.

(We struggle so with our infatuation with gay men! Why oh why can't they be gay *and* attracted to women? :icon_wink)

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On behalf of gay men everywhere...I haven't a clue! :rolle:

3. Hefiel

Ah, maybe I should visit that hair salon someday. What's the name of the salon?

Usually I get my hair cut around April or May before the temperature gets hot, and let my hair grow back for the winter since I hate wearing those knit cap. I also never really know what kind of haircut I want, so about 7 years ago I changed hairdresser (used to be a woman) for a man that had been hired recently and had been getting a lot of good feedback. I told him "Do whatever you want, but you can't shave my head" and that's pretty much what I've been telling him since. I usually end up with something "different" but still similar to the first haircut he "gave me" (does that sound weird?). I didn't like the haircut I got this year however, but since he left a good chunk of my hair long enough, I was able to revert to my older hairstyle, minus some imperfection which were corrected naturally after a month of two of growth.

With that said, I wonder if I should get my hair cut again this month. The longest part of my hair has reached the same level as my mouth. I don't really want shoulder-length hair again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The name of the place is: "Garçons Sculpteurs", on Ste. Catherine...not cheap, but pretty much what I was paying my (formerly) regular guy. I cut my hair so infrequently that I've normally saved up for it quite easily.

Just the experience of being there for that purpose was worth it, so it would be fun if you could go (ask for Gabriel). I did it also to sever ties, as it were, with the things I used to do because of my wife. A nice clean break...

5. Hefiel

Hm...what's the price range? It usually costs me 20-25$ when I get my hair cut. I might stop by in September after college starts since I'll be in the area. Depends on my class schedule however. Will remember the name. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, somewhat more than that, but you should call and ask if they have a student rate...Goodnight! (*hug*)

7. Hefiel

35$ from what I'm seeing on the website. A little pricey, but I'll try and go there at least once.

By the way, they've got all their staff photos on the website, and I must admit, Gabriel is quite attractive. Alexandre is pretty good looking as well. :icon_bigg

Anyway, Goodnight!

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thirty-five dollars.

BMC77 faints and hits floor with loud thud. Revives short while later.

I cringe at fifteen dollars.

Then, again, I'm not a fashion plate...

9. Hefiel

I'm not into fashion at all either. I always paid about 20-25$ for my hair cuts, so although 35$ is a lot, it doesn't bother me too much. Hell, the price for women is a lot higher at that salon (45$ for short-haired women, 60$ for long-haired women)

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I so seldom have a haircut, so the haircut money-jar fills up pretty quickly :slight_smile:

There is something to be said for splurging once in a while, and believe me, I am really, really, careful with my limited funds...

11. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay