1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Chat Room

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It is supposed to do that, so that the information page is still available. In due course this will contain more rules for using the chat, so I would rather it remained available when you are using the chat room.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

One bug I noticed when using it is that occasionally when you are in a private conversation, odd bits of the private conversation appear in the main chat room. It's a bit unfortunate as, it could be something you don't want others to see. So be careful what you say, just in case..... :wink:

Also I will remind everyone that the moderators can and do check the chat room transcripts, which includes the private chats. We don't read it all through (we don't have the time to go through that lot), but we do skim through every day, looking for anything unusual. The transcripts are retained indefinitely (I will back them up and each month).

Another point is that the chat room is for EC members only. If you see someone in that you do not recognise, especially if you are uncomfortable about anything they are saying, please let one of us know so we can eject and ban them.

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something very odd happens to me, too - when I switch desktops on Linux (nice cube effect, you know...) by pressing CTRL+ALT+an arrow key, the typing field and user list collapse and I have to re-activate them - and they sometimes don't behave well after that.

Oh well... it is way better than Blab, so I can ignore that.

4. Kimi

How do I edit my profile that is on there? I mean I don't want my email address and my full name showing there.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

When you are in the chat room, click on your name and choose Profile. You should be able to edit it from there, then click the Save button.

If not, PM me and I will change it. I have removed your full name and email address, Kimi.

When signing up in the chat room you only need to enter your choice of username and password - the rest is optional.

Hopefully we will be able to link it into the forum database in due course, which will get rid of the separate registration for the chat room. That would make things much neater.

6. Kimi

Thank you so much for your quick responce, Paul(*hug*)

And thank you so much for your kindness and work:thumbsup: