1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bi guy here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by mrgoodwrench, Oct 23, 2016.

1. mrgoodwrench

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, not technically new being bi, but new here. I'm a 44 year old man who has come to terms with his bisexuality within the last few years. Came out to my wife back then and trickled out to a few others since then. About a week and a half ago, I came out completely and it feels great to not have to censor myself all the time.

Anyway, I've been looking for others to talk to, so I thought I would give this place a try.

2. hrcbho1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, that is great! I'm new here as well, and am a guy in my early 30s, and I've also come to terms with my bisexuality within the last couple of years as well. I haven't gotten the courage to tell anyone yet, although I'm thinking of opening up to a couple of my close female friends (they would be the most open-minded). I'm also married, although coming out to my wife is a long ways off. I applaud you for completely coming out, congrats! Was it tough to do so, how did your close friends react? What prompted you to come out? Anyway, if you want to talk, I'd be happy to do so, I'm just looking for a place to open up to people to.

3. mrgoodwrench

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! Don't worry so much about when, just let it come in its own time. Over the last couple of years, I have gotten to a place where I am happy with who I am, including my sexuality and that is what has led to my fully coming out. Honestly, my wife knew long before I did. We have been together for 21 years and married for 19 and she suspected way back then. When I screwed up the courage to tell her, she just said, "Yeah, I know." LOL! I knew she would be alright with it, so there wasn't much of a risk, but I still was a bit terrified to actually say the words. As for my reason for coming out now, there are a few. I want to be able to just be myself without need to hold back parts of my personality for fear of being discovered. I want to do my little part to help increase bi-visibility, particularly of bi men. And, I want my daughter, who is gay, to see her father being authentic and not ashamed of who he is. I actually came out on Facebook on National Coming Out Day and the response was overwhelmingly positive. I had people comment and like whom I wouldn't have expected to be so. It was pretty awesome. I know not everyone I know is cool with it, but that is no longer my concern.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello mrgoodwrench! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

5. hrcbho1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, thanks a lot for the comment and advice, I appreciate it! I'm sure I'm worrying about people's reaction a little too much. Honestly, I don't necessarily need to come out to everyone, I'm just thinking of coming out to a couple of friends. Another question I had; beyond just telling people that you are bi, are you able to have conversations about your attraction to guys without the other person feeling awkward about it? I'm pretty sure a couple of good female friends that I have won't care that I'm bi, but I do worry a little bit that they may not want to talk about it any detail. Don't get me wrong, I don't want nor expect to get explicit with them, but it'd be nice to comment once in awhile about how attractive a guy is. Anyway, what's been your experience? Thanks again!

6. mrgoodwrench

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, the single greatest benefit of being out to my wife is the fact that we can admire men together. For example, the other day, she texted me while I was at work to let me know that Matt Bomer would return to American Horror Story this season since we both have a thing for him. I have a few other female friends I could talk that way with as well. You never know until you know.

7. HD105

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I am also new here in fact I read your and a couple other post the other day and that is what influence me to sign up here, I will post my story soon thanks

8. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi new bi guy, I'm gay guy. :slight_smile:

9. TheMatthew

Hi! Welcome to empty closets!

10. killswitch0029