1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new arrival, give me a nametag

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by IThinkInCircles, Jan 18, 2011.

1. IThinkInCircles

Hi everyone -

For now, I'll go by Emm, and I'm a liberally-oriented college student in northern IL. I'm studying to be a music teacher, and and I found this site tonight.

Like my user name might suggest, I've taken multiple laps around the pondering of my sexual orientation. It's very touch-and-go for me; I've gone through phases (determined by what's currently going on in my life) where I either think maniacally about it or don't at all. I recently rejoined the single crowd, and since then, it's been on my mind nonstop.

Brief history: I met my first LGB friends when I was 14 and first T at 18, and up until my freshman year in college, I basically lived a straight life. Though the idea had briefly crossed my mind before, a handful of incidents during my first year of college set off an inconclusive mental road trip over if/where I fit into the LGBTQ community. Fast forward four years = today.

I think I'm somewhere in the middle, but because of some complicated/oddly-grouped factors in my life, I really don't know. I have a lot of questions and even though I have a lot of open-minded and liberal friends, I'm really self-conscious about the fact that I've been thinking about it for four years and can't make up my mind.

I'm looking for people who I can feel comfortable asking these questions to without being judged. I'm glad to be here, and I hope to meet some new friends/confidants here.

Cheers mate.
    Emm

2. alpha

Welcome to the EC! You seem to have the same predicement i had when i was a bit younger, the thing i think, is to talk to people, mostly in places you feel safe, like here, and really do soul searching, as you have, and you will most likely find the awnser, EC has a good community for that kind of thing, almost all of us being one of the listed LGBT...etc list, and very often will understand where your coming from..

3. Artemicion

Hi and welcome to EC!
    Well, I say, ask away at any question you have in the respective forum sections. I'm sure you'll get a reply. We're all quite an open pretty much any questions. Feel free to look around :slight_smile:!

4. IThinkInCircles

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

6. Lotty

Hey and welcome
    I know exactly how you feel. Everyone is here to help you when you need it!

7. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

Hi : )

Feel free to like tell us stuff or help others or anything ^_^ lol, sorry for the lame, vague welcome >_>

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.