1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New anime suggestions?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KelTik, Jul 22, 2022.

1. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like something with an actual story line.

If it has that one chick with the giant boobs hanging out with the unbearably annoying voice and no personality that's only there for a sex symbol I'm good lolol

2. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hunter hunter Ranking of the kings Servamp Psycho pass One Piece

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fullmetal Alchemist (I prefer the Brotherhood edition to the original but they're both great)
    Eighty-Six
    My Hero Academia

4. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ergo Proxy.

5. BocciBee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got quite a few depending on what you're into. Trigun is a space-western which explores both the run-down world the show is set in and the mystery of the main character Vash the Stampede, who has a $60 billion dollar bounty on his head for destroying a whole city sometime before the show takes place.

There's a Fruits Basket, a classic shoujo which recently got a (much better) remake. On the surface it's about a family who are cursed to turn into the animals of the chinese zodiac whenever they hug a member of the opposite sex, but as the show goes on it becomes about the affects of trauma, abuse, power and ostracization within a family. Obviously this means it can get quite dark later on.

Yona of the Dawn is an (in my opinion) underrated show about a princess on the run after an attempted coup d'etat, who in the process must learn to develop the skills she needs to survive and fight outside of the palace life she grew up in in order to reclaim the throne.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a 90's shonen about a delinquent boy who is killed saving a child from being hit by a car, and is given another chance at life for his unexpected good deed. He is tasked with taking on missions assigned to him by the Spirit World to fight demons.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is probably one of the best and most popular anime out there. It's about two brothers on a journey to restore their bodies to normal after they perform a taboo alchemist transmutation to try to bring their mum back to life which goes awry.

My final recommendation is The Promised Neverland, a dark fantasy about three children living in an isolated orphanage in a post-apocalyptic world.

I hope some of these might fit what you're looking for!

6. Gigi K

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm....you should try Boku No Hero (My Hero Academia), Komi Can't Communicate, Tokyo Ghoul, Haikyuu!, One Piece, One Punch Man, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, Fairytale, Seven Deadly Sins, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto and Hunter x Hunter for the time being. If you need more suggestions because you've finished them all or you do not like the suggestions I've given you right now, I can certainly give you more! Good luck on your anime journey :wink: