1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerdlings assemble

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by WanderingGhost, Sep 23, 2013.

1. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So being on this forum I've discovered how hard it is to find a good mate but that they actually exist. Like it is so hard to find someone with common interests in real life because they're usually so far away. But apparently shy and nerdy gay guys and girls are very sought after. They're just really hard to find cause there's no 'indicators'. So let's play a game! :U

Let's play the nerd game! :V If you're here on a forum then I guess you gotta be internet wise right?

Well what kind of nerd are you? Are you a tumblr potato? A Homestuck? An Otaku?
    As for me, I like hentai, anime, manga, video games, drawing, and Animal Crossing! :3 I also LOVE The Sims.

And the other question is... What's your secret? Apparently us nerdlings are more likely to have a two faced personality. My secret is I'm a yandere and I can hold grudges for the longest time! I'm also extremely jealous. Yay Yandere 5ever!! :3

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wellllll...

I love books (Skulduggery Pleasant is the best!), anime (Fullmetal, Attack on Titan and a bunch of stuff), video games (Xenoblade, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, Tales).

As for what kind of nerd, I suppose otaku. As you can see, most of the stuff I listed is Japanese. I find they tend not to limit story ideas as much and you tend not to find Japanese media being as much of a flick as western media tends to slip into at times.

As for my hidden side? Hmm... I have to say... I'm not that sure. I suppose I always sleep with something to cuddle... though that seems a little boring XD

3. blond

Oh where to begin.
    Alright movies. Star wars, alien, any sci-fi really.
    Video games. Fallout 3/NV, Mass effect,
    mirrors edge, the sims, i could go on forever about games.

Anime. Burst angel, FMA, gravitation, anything moe.

Um there's a TON more but i'm to tired right now to list it all:sleep:

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a programmer. So that's like... it's own kind of nerdling.

5. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my god. Minecraft. Need I say more?

6. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I spent $150 on a limited edition boxed set of an anime for my birthday. I think that qualifies me as an otaku. I generally prefer anime with more serious psychological/philosophical themes, like Puella Magi Madoka Magica (which is the aforementioned anime that I got for my birthday), Shin Sekai Yori, '03 FMA, and, most recently, Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm not that into manga, mainly because I don't like reading it on my computer and am too cheap to go buy it if I don't know I'll like it. I used to be a huge fan of JRPGs. For all I know, I still am; I just haven't had the time (or the TV) to play them.

I'm also a bit of a computer geek. I taught myself programming, plan on becoming some sort of computer programmer, prefer the command line to GUIs, etc.

I don't have a secret, per se, though I am not nearly as motivated as my GPA and scholarship would imply. I can't tell whether it's laziness or mental illness (or a toxic cocktail of both). Yay, depression...

7. GirlWhoWaited

I'm a lit nerd, an otaku, and I have a 4.0. Call me the nerdinator. ;P

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only people who out-nerd me-- scientists and programmers. And LARPers, but I'd do that more if I could. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'd say I'm mostly a gamer nerd. I know about vidya games to a great depth (if only as much programming as toddlers know English) and am fairly certain I'll never stop playing them. But my minor nerd disciplines are aerospace, military matters, and medieval history. Unfortunately I've only ever dabbled in anime so can't call myself an otaku, but I think anime people are dead sexy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. GrandSummoner

Mainly drawing, literature (Mainly fantasy, and books on interesting topics like mythology, history, animals/dinosaurs, random science facts, etc.), and video games.

Oh how I love video games :icon_bigg Valkyrie Profile, Pokemon, Civilization, The Sims, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles, Final Fantasy, Age of Wonders, Star Ocean, Soul Calibur. Lately games have been my main past time.

Sooooo...I guess I'm kinda like a roleplaying/D&D-type nerd? I mean it more in the sense that most of my interests tend to involve fantastical elements like wizards, unicorns, and big heroic quests rather than I'm a huge D&D player. I've actually only played D&D (And other d6 games, at least that's what I think they're called) a couple times, though it's always been a blast.

10. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Sims 3 FTW :slight_smile:

11. A Madd Nobody

*sees homestuck and tumblr* AH YES HELLO I AM EIN HOMESTUCK AND I ENJOY THE DEEP BLUE SEA. I also am in love with Hetalia, and anime in general, though i haven't really been watching it lately.
    I've recently been more focased in reading webcomics.
    Because. Freaking awesome Boy's Love is freaking awesome.
    Though i have not played an actually game of D&D, i find the concept beautiful, and roleplay Online. A lot. I really like fantasy-type games like sonic or final fantasy. Rpgs are my favorite.
    andhomestuckyesincaseyoudidnotnoticeitskindamyfavoritething.

12. CyberStar

I am the highest class of nerd: Programmer.
    I am a manga addict (yaoi, ect [Don't tell anybody :slight_smile: ] ), Internet filter hater, hacker (not the illegal kind, and if you don't know the difference between cracker and hacker I will revoke your nerd card), the guy that carries around three laptops and hates phones, calculator programmer, lover of Windows 8 Metro, and of course Minecraft addict.

Some people question my nerdiness because I am in JROTC. Well, screw them, because I'm going to conquer the world someday and turn it into Tron.

One thing that really stands out about me is my taste in music. All the other nerds in the school say my music (industrial, dark electro, EBM, ect) is creepy. In respone I like to turn up the FGFC820 even louder.

13. 101DeadRoses

Weeeell. I love art, drawing, writing, fashion and other such creative things (even though I am not really that good at it) and I absolutely LOVE video games, especially creepier (not jumpscares or gore particularly, but pretty scary) with dark storylines that make you sad, frightened and angry all at the same time. I also adore books (again creepy) and will never fully go digital.

For my hidden side, what I really want is a cuddle-bug that loves me as much as I love him/her.

14. Bmw96

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I read comics, I prefer Marvel though ill honestly read anything I can get my hands on (there aren't really any comicbook shops In my area so I take what I can get), I'm. A huge fan of pretty much anything Whedon (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, ect) sci-fi, Star Trek (deep space nine is my favorite so far), Star Wars, Doctor Who, i also belong to various other fandoms, Harry Potter, sherlock amd supernatural to name a few.I read pretty much any book I can get my hands on. I love video games, (bioshock, portal, assassins creed ect) oh and I like to write. There's probably more but it gets kind of hard to keep track XD

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the supreme commander of the Gnerd army, that count?

16. Gwendolyn

Definitely a video game nerd. Especially dem story-heavy sci-fi cult classics. Like Bioshock. I've played each Bioshock way too many times(at least 7 or 8 times). Otherwise, I tend to err towards physics-type stuff.

17. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm a gamer! And an artist!

18. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a socially awkward nerd. I'm so much of a misfit I don't even fit in with the nerds. I just have obscure interests.

19. PeytonRose

Let's see.....

I've got Magic: The Gathering, Comic Books, video games, movies, tv, *some* music, Pokemon (video games, tv, and TCG), and I'm sure there are more that I am neglecting.

20. Kat 5

Hidden side? OH MY GOD TSUNDRE detected!