1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Support and Advice!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by brodyman, Apr 8, 2011.

1. brodyman

Thanks man, it is a struggle everyday with my brother. The homosexuality part of it just creates another huge problem and every once in awhile I just need to rant. It doesn't help that until I came accross EC I had no outlet. Being that my mom is just a mess and my Dad can just sometimes be a little bit of a prick sometimes.

Just the other day, he was on leave and back in the country for a few (He's a U.S. Marine Corps Colonel) and we were at the dinner table. We were discussing military and political, and everything about the Don't Ask and Don't Tell policy. He got into a little rant and said, "The only good marriage is marriage between a man and a woman, for Christ's sake who do these people think they are? I mean a gay guy is just a man who isn't good enough to get a woman."

I was ready to punch him in the face after that, but I just shrugged and kept eating dinner. I literally unleashed hell onto my punching bag later on that night. I mean I have so many fucking girls coming after me and I'm gay. It just pisses me off sometimes.

2. Rikudo

I feel yeah I hadn't found EC till last year and back then I was fuck I'll never be out. However time changes us and sometimes makes us stronger people. Which is why I'd say focus on things until you've reached that level. I understand the parents deal somewhat as well. My mother a rather devout catholic like the rest of my family on her side has made it rather obvious about her discontent. However my father is rather much a mystery. Like I've stated just wait out till you can be more independent.

I know this will probably sound more frustrating right now but things do get better with time.

3. brodyman

Yeah I know, time always heals. I can understand the whole catholic thing too. My family is all Catholic and I still consider myself one but we see where that goes. I know truly though that God is God and he accepts me for who I am. No church can disagree with that. But I have talked underhandedly to my theology teacher alot and he says that God doesn't damn all gays to hell like some people say, no one but God can judge us. So I don't know, but like you said time can do miracles.