1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wrameses, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Wrameses

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello i’m a gay 17 y/o male. I live in Georgia USA. I’ve knew I was gay since I was only just a little boy. As young as 4-7. Throughout my life I always loved other males. My parents on the other hand don’t know that i’m gay or a little. No one else knows i’m gay either at all. I’m been in the closet forever and it’s starting to become a problem now. It’s almost like i’m kind of hiding myself and I feel very sneaky. The only way that I will feel very comfortable of myself is that if I come out of the closet and be who I truly am. However I’m really scared to because my parents will hate me and not love me and try to kick me out or disown me.
    Please if anyone could give any advice or what should I do in my situation. That will be very helpful of you.
    Thank you.

2. Wrameses

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And oh I couldn’t edit the post is that I want to mention is some of our family members is gay. My aunt and my cousin are my parents know that.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. Do you have any reason to believe that your parents will disown you or hate you for being gay. Have they said anything anti gay and what is their attitude towards your gay relatives?

If you don't want to come out to your parents do you have any friends or younger relatives you can confide in?

I know its hard not being able to express yourself and your feelings but your not alone and it does get better.

4. Wrameses

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    They’re pretty neutral around my gay relatives. Kinda friendly too. One of my brother’s friend is gay too. He likes to hanf out with him but says sometimes he feels uncomfortable. My parents aren’t super religious though. However I did hear them say homophobic or anti gay things.