1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Gender Advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dolphinkid, May 9, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, if my brother started calling me his 'half' sister I would punch him in the head....

2. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    :thumbsup:

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Yeah, I daresay that line seriously risks alienating any trans* people in the audience from sympathizing with that character.

Good on you, Dolphinkid, for being sensitive enough to pick up on that. :slight_smile:

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a good kid. (*hug*) Thank you for picking up on that and for addressing it. Would it be helpful to have some general info regarding trans* "stuff" with which to educate your coworkers?

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I could share with you my life story but I don't want to kill anyone on the forums with boredom most droll, I am however penning a novel about just such a thing, albeit more sewn into the story then apparent. but everyone's experience is a different tale to a same tune, like the ABCs and twinkle twinkle little star =p
    but I applaud you for taking on a noble deed

6. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Actually got a funny story from getting dolled up last night; although it has more to do with my physiology than my gender identity. I suffer from a condition called essential tremors which causes my hands to shake uncontrollably. Anyway, long story short, took me (I kid you not) 45 minutes to get my false eyelashes on. :lol: Oh well, at least that's down from the hour it took me the first time I put contacts in my eyes. :lol::lol:

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. That'd be worse than him misgendering you by calling you his brother.

I'm still early on, and not out to anyone about gender, but as others pointed out, I'm growing out my hair, shave my body, and it's not unusual for me to shave my face a couple times a day, because I can't stand having facial hair. Other than that, I lead a pretty normal life for a single person that lives alone.