1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Narcissistic boss

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mlansing, May 7, 2023.

1. mlansing

I’ve been working at my same job since 2016 and everything has gone ok. I recently got promoted, though, and ever since then I have seen a side to my immediate supervisor that I haven’t seen before. He is being more bossy and demanding, and my anxiety is getting triggered I think because I might be feeling trapped. I have heard of this side of him from other colleagues but haven’t seen it myself until now. Just for context there is no way that I cannot work under him/close to him without getting another job.

I am doing my best to stay level-headed but at the moment it is hard and I have had trouble falling back asleep this evening. Anyone else been in this situation? I appreciate your feedback.

2. mlansing

Also, I have more reason than just my own experience for thinking he is narcissistic. As I said I had heard about this from other people, but I just haven’t felt it directed at me until now.