1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name The best & worst parts about being a girl

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosepetal, May 22, 2014.

1. KayJay

Not really sure I count as much lol. But why not?

Worst: Crying randomly at things, also crying much easier to emotional things in general.

Best: Wearing makeup without people thinking it is weird annnnd eating ice cream when I am sad? :s

2. idream

idream Guest

All I can think of is negative stuff. Periods, not being able to go shirtless in public, body image issues...although at least when I'm turned on, nobody knows. Sorry boys:/ don't get me started on the best parts OF a woman:wink:

3. Wild Poodle

Best: "You can't hit me! Imma girl!"
    Worst: You can only run as fast as your breasts allow you.. ._.

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worst- periods
    Best- clothes

5. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Pros:

I like to braid my hair.

Cons:

I hate being expected to follow cultural patterns such as overt emotion, attraction to men, and antipathy to scientific fields of study.

I hate being seen as "sweetheart", "darling", "honey", "angel", "kiddo", or any other anti-honorific that wouldn't be applied to a man of my age.

I am discouraged by the fact that most pivotal scientific studies have focused exclusively on men with the assumption that women would function or react in the same way, or that their feelings and behaviors were unworthy of consideration.

I am often overwhelmed and revolted by the societal pressure to be thin.

Menstruation totally sucks.

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think being a girl would be the best thing in the world if it wasn't for the horrible machismo we face everyday, it's almost unbearable

I would become a girl myself but I don't have the guts, it's a shame :frowning2:

7. Tetra

Worst is periods, for sure... Plus, all the extra preparation that is expected to go into looking good... and people automatically assuming that you're fragile and can't defend yourself.

Best? Hmmm... Well it's easier for girls to dress more masculine and not get ridiculed as much by parents than it seems to be for guys to dress a little more femininely.

8. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I second that!!
    Also, when relatives automatically think you're Super Nanny and will readily agree to hold their children...Just no.

So all that leaves is Best which is being the Intercessor of younger relatives in my family. Brother: can you ask mom if I can go out with my friends?
    Me: What's in it for me?
    lol I am so mean sometimes...

9. AlamoCity

Well, as a guy who's never been with a girl, I have zero personal experience. But as a brother who sometimes has to do late night runs for feminine products, I have to so it'd be having a period. When my sister has a period (which lasts her about a week), she gets cranky and moody for no reason and suffers from cramps. Having to go through this every month, I pity her. I'd say periods are the worst thing about being a girl.

As for "best," I don't really know. My mom might say it'd be the ability to be a mother.

10. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worst: Misogyny, periods, society's expectations from you, being "perfect" and all that shit. It sucks.

Best: Clothes, make-up, soft skin, emotions (not always, but I think we enjoy little stuff more because of that.)

11. TurtleCat

Best: More freedom of expression, plus I enjoy femininity -- I love looking cute, colors, flowers, etc. stereotypically "girly" things. Having strong emotions

Worst: Periods, the ability to get pregnant, misogyny

12. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Worst part: PERIOD!!!!! it sucks really! O_O

Best part: People will be so gentle with you and some will give you way and prioritize you anywhere you go like they let you in first in an elevator or guys will open doors for you.

13. Cass

Periods are the worst
    And sexism

But I like how soft our skin is

And boobs

14. PinkCammelia90

Pros:
    -Wearing almost anything you like without fear of scrutiny
    -Make-up and soft skin
    -Having boobs
    -Being in a technical line of work, having small hands is pretty useful
    -Being flexible
    -Excusably 'squeeing' in public over arbitrary things... "OMG THAT DOG IS SO CUTE! SO FLUFFY I COULD DIE!"

Cons:
    -Well sexual assault sucks... Being catcalled and grabbed in the street isn't fun
    -Periods and shaving your legs can get pretty annoying

15. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

Best: Smell, face, clothes, and being able to express your emotions without being judge?
    Worst: Periods, Pregnancy, Being Objectified, Unattainable Beauty Standards, Sexism, Being taught of as weak, Breast hurts when running

16. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Best Parts: Hair I can play around with straightening etc, Makeup, Calling a girl cute and getting away with it without people thinking i'm a Lesbian :lol: It can be a negative thing too though because I dislike being assumed to be straight. Stockings, Boobs :icon_wink, Nailpolish, Perfume (I wear Gucci-Guilty and I swear it is like heaven I could live in the bottle) :lol: Sexy Halterneck tops or just feminine clothes in general that show off my body when I feel like it :slight_smile: Not skimpy clothes.. I mean classy and sexy. Uhm.. not sure what else.. that's all I can think of for now.

Worst Parts: Facing sexism and forms of sexual assault when out and about, I get overly dramatic to the point where my heart feels like it will explode when i'm upset, I HATE my period, Being seen as weak just because i'm female.. those people are dead wrong everytime. The worst part in my opinion is being an attractive female and getting looked at like a nice piece of ass. Hopefully my answer was satisfactory and somewhat entertaining.

:lol:

17. tulipinacup

Best: Getting to call anyone attractive and getting away with it
    Worst: Aside from periods, I think they have limited freedom on where to pee.

18. Camouflage

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Worst:
    - The female anatomy (I have had several rants with my mother about this)
    - Periods
    - Pregnancies
    - Make up
    - Having to get dressed up for social events

Best: (Is it bad that I'm having a hard time with this?)
    - Being able to openly express emotions

19. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Worst: takes so long to get ready for the day
    Best: we can get away with a lot, lol.