1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mythology Roleplay

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by larkcarmen, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Nobo

(forget about Cato helping beleth please he is still inside watching)

2. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (Yes, Logic)

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2016 at 06:37 AM ----------

(Welp this kinda devolved into a clusterf***)

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2016 at 06:38 AM ----------

(Are you sure Nobo? It'd actually be really cool if we had a traitor.)

3. Nico was in the process of turning to acknowledge Stheno's arrival, when Cato burst out of the tavern, catching the crossbow bolt that would have hit Beleth in the process. He then notched an arrow at his own and released it in the direction of the guards. Aided by the divine power of his immortal mother, the arrow struck true, reaching no less than three of the guards.

What is he thinking? Blair told us not to engage the demon! Besides, demons in heaven cannot bode well for anyone but the demons themselves! What could he possibly hope to gain from helping them? Unless...unless he was somehow affiliated with them? No, that couldn't be true. He's a demigod after all! But still, what other explanation could there be?

(Oh, I didn't notice your response. Well, we're already at this point, and you did kinda start us on this path in the first place. Why not roll with it and see where it takes us? Haha)

#223 Ambivalence0219, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
  4. Nobo

(my character is not the kind of person that would help a demon take down heaven please forget it happend)

5. (The character and thus the choice is yours, but I think you should consider the possibilities first, Cato. You haven't gone so far as to help a demon take over heaven. You did protect Beleth, and kill some guards, but you haven't quite gotten to that extreme. There is also the matter of incentive. Your character doesn't have to be morally deplorable to side with Beleth. There could be innumerable reasons why you would do what you did, and our characters have no way of knowing what they are. Maybe demons were involved in the gods' disappearances. Maybe your mother is in some compromising position and the only way to figure out how to rescue her is to help the demons for now. Your character can even have some intense internal controversy about it! Just think about all the character development you'd have! Or, you could be doing this to get on Beleth's good side so you can eventually find a way to fix this and then double cross him. Those are just a couple of ideas. In the end, it's up to you.)

6. Nobo

(No please forget it)

7. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (God, this really is a mess. So, in accordance to Nobo's reluctance to not have Cato protect Beleth, let's just continue where Sltheno went off to find Ghost and Nico, because Blair told her to.

Breakdown: Ghost is not going to engage with Beleth and the guards, Cato is still inside the tavern and Blair just had a mini-fight?? with Medusa over her sister's safety. Everyone good?)

#227 LogicNoSense, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  8. (Look, I'm just trying to make this work. You did make a mistake when you made your post, but people make mistakes, and realistic characters in stories do too. Cato can have regrets about his decision afterward, can question why he did what he did, can ask if it was all worth it in the end. These are just suggestions, but it would make your character much more real and interesting. Right now, Cato just seems like a somewhat fearful kid who's a bit too trigger happy, and who really doesn't know what he's doing. If you don't want to roll with this, that's fine, I suppose, but at least fill in some of the holes in your character. Some mystery is always welcome, it lends a sense of discovery to the story and to the characters, but I can probably sum up every aspect of your character in one sentence at the moment.)

9. Nobo

(he knows beleth is bad he would not protect them it goes against himself

10. (Okay, if you say so. I'll be back tonight (it's midday now) to continue the story. Cheers!)

11. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Truthfully...I agree with Ambivalence. To put it very bluntly, I find your character very one dimensional. As an author, I avoid doing that, since there isn't much depth to your character. However, since it goes against Cato's personality to help a demon, betraying the group now will make us wonder why. Also, it might explain why you shot at the tavern before? I dunno.

Personally I find Cato a bit too flat and straightforward as a character. Of course, I have no intention to insult you- just my two cents. Occupational habit as an author.)

12. Nobo

(I'm sorry I'm just bad at writing)

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2016 at 07:30 AM ----------

(I'm trying to do better

13. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (I agree with them was well. (By the way, Logic, you and I should discuss writing some time. It's always awesome meeting a fellow writer.) If you want to improve, you could take this opportunity to develop your character further.)

14. Nobo

(I will but he is not gonna help beleth I just fucked up ok)

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2016 at 07:40 AM ----------

(just go back to when beleth walked up and fireballs started flying everywhere)

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2016 at 07:45 AM ----------

(wait or keep it I have a idea to flip it around that he's not actually helping beleth)

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2016 at 07:46 AM ----------

(beleth killed his dad and he stopped the guard because he wants to be the one to take out berth)

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2016 at 07:46 AM ----------

(yes that works nicely)

15. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Ghoststories, yea, that sounds fun. It's been some time since I've found a fellow writer to knock heads with. Most authors I know are much older then me, so it's awkward.

So er...we'll be going for Cato protecting Beleth, and Ghost and Nico reacting to that?)

16. Nobo

(yes but he's not protecting beletetg he's doing it because he wants the final shot)

17. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (Glad that that's been resolved. So we're just taking off from where Ambivalence left off? Oh, and Logic, feel free to message me on my wall any time if you want to talk writing!)

18. Nobo

19. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Holy Jesus you guys were busy. Stheno's not very stealthy, its just that the trumpets drew the guards attention so she could sneak past. Playing catch up, bear with me.)

Medusa chuckled. "She's not about to die, anyway. Gorgons are immortal. Or at least, most of them are."

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2016 at 05:37 PM ----------

Stheno sighed. "Why does no-one ever listen?" She drew her sword, the same one that had been behind the bar earlier, and carefully observed the scene. Her eyes widened in recognition. "Oh, for Christ's sake, it's this prick."
    "Which prick?" came a voice from the shadows.
    Stheno jumped, almost running Alistair through with the sword out of panic.

"Stop doing that! You know damned well I can't see you!"
    The old man chuckled. "Good to see you too." He cast his eyes to the mad demon rampaging in the square, and shook his head as if to say 'kids these days'. "D'you happen to know this geezer?"

#239 ForNarnia, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  20. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (lol Hey ForNarnia. Sorry about the mess.)