1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My thoughts today..

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HelpLOL, Dec 5, 2017.

1. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just keep in mind that my insights are very specific to my wife and I. She's always been 'bi" to me, i met her through my lesbian best friend in fact. And no they didn't date... that would be weird lol. So it wasn't something totally new to me. That and the fact that peoples sexuality is near and dear to my heart make it a lot easier. So yah if I can help feel free to ask just remember we're deal with things differently

2. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love labels too heh or just words I guess.. the right word for the right thing. It's really what does it mean to you. You know something funny, in my mind the word queer means strange, and not in a bad way. In a "not typical" kind of way. I have to give it a few seconds for my brain to say oo yah.. that word can refer to homosexual people too lol I think I read too many old books growing up.

3. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sad no one asked about my wifes lunch date? Ok not sad but it's really odd helping her pick out something to wear. Just not exactly how I saw my life a few weeks ago..

4. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense taken, my friend! The labels are unfortunately unavoidable sometimes. In fact in this case I think it really helped to get a sense of what your wife is like. We just have to recognize that there's way more going on.
    I think the idea of bringing up your wife's lack of introspection in relation to her suppressed sexuality is a good one. :slight_smile:

#24 Woodswoman, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How did it go did she say?

6. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aaahh of course we want to know! So.....?

7. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    LOL I DON'T KNOW YET.. AHHHHHH hhhh lol
    Her date isn't for another couple of hours . On the US west coast over here it's still morning. I helped her pick out her top and a necklace this morning, and reminded her to shave lol So is it a little odd that the women is 15 years older? idk, it's just funny that the woman we had the threesome/poly relations with was around 10 years younger. It doesn't really concern me, like i said before i'm hopeful her age will be an indication of her maturity, it's just that i've never dated anyone 15 years different in age. do you guys have any experience with this kind of age gap? and if you don't mind me asking, how old are ya'll. *i can say ya'll i grew up in the south* I'm 37 and my wifes 35

#27 HelpLOL, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  8. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m 34 some date older, some younger, just a personal preference really? So is it a proper date then? How did they meet?

9. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm about 2 months shy of 40. I don't really have a preference on paper, but my straight crush friend is 45, so right now that's what I'm into. I had a one night stand (first and only time I've done that) with a friend's mother back in my early 20's. It was terrible btw lol. I dont know how much older than me she was, but I'd say too much so.

10. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She's not really sure it's a proper date.. she kind of explained the conversation a little. It went something like, they were talking about her kids, my wife asked what was up with her husband. *she knew she lived with the father of her kids and that something wasn't' adding up* Laura told my wife that they had be divorced for 5 years. She asked how that worked with dating people and bringing them home. laura explained that it's more of a separate apartment type of thing plus she wasn't dating anyone right then. I'm not sure how she brought this up but then asked about who she liked to date, men? women? both? she said both, and then here is the part I wouldn't of had the balls to do... *i hate asking people out* my wife asked if she wanted to do something sometime. she said of course, or something like that. and they made plans for lunch and a movie today. I realize there is a decent chance it isn't a . proper date, but come on.. she just said that she was single liked women then my wife asked her to go do something together.. it feels more like a date. but we will see.
    So they met at the gym i think.... You know my wife told me but now i'm unsure I think she does massages at the gym or something. They've known each other for a little bit now... a couple of months i think. They did go out to a taylor swift concert a week or two ago. So they seem to get along pretty good.

11. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh right, sort of right place right time. I wouldn’t have had the guts to ask either I don’t think so she is definitely serious re figuring out who she is. Sounds like a date to me! Haha keep us posted.

12. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Will do, I need to find something else to focus on for a few hours lol. I know.. Christmas stuff... work on Christmas stuff lol

Woodswoman and Lia444 like this.
  13. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So she's out on her date now... probably won't know anything more until it's over. cra cra

Lia444 likes this.
  14. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And the date went well... apparently she's been attracted to my wife for a little bit. It got cut short because my wife got called back into work, but other than that she had a really good time. Laura brought her a flower.. in a pot... lol it's really a better way to do it but it's also so much more responsibility..I'm probably going to be the one that has to keep it alive.. :/ Anyway they're going to see each other again, laura was a little surprised at my stance on things. I think now that we know this is moving forward i'm going to ask for her number and introduce myself a little. I'd like to keep paths of communication open.

15. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa take a minute. I can appreciate what you and your wife are trying to achieve, but it feels all kinds of wrong for you to ask for contact info at this point. I think the best thing you could do is trust your wife and allow her to communicate with you about is happening and what she wants to do about it. I'm not saying you will never or should never talk to laura, but I think it's waaaayy too early to push for that just yet. Only my opinion...

LostInDaydreams likes this.
  16. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh and I'm glad the date went well. I bet your wife is on cloud 9! :slight_smile:
    Try to let her have a moment with this before trying to fulfill your needs too.

17. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I agree I wouldn’t try to get to know Laura yet, let your wife get to know her more first as it might not go anywhere. If I was Laura and you tried to get to know me that early on then you would scare me away.

18. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the posters above. This is meant to be about your wife working out how she feels, and I think throwing anything else into the mix at this early stage is only going to make that harder. I appreciate that it's going to be difficult for you to sit on the side lines and just watch, but I think you need to give your wife space to work out how she feels.

Also, you might find that it helps improve communication and brings you closer, as you will need to talk to each other. At the same time, I wouldn't push her to discuss how she feels before she's ready. For me, throughout this process, there's always been a time delay between feeling something and being able to articulate what that feeling is, though your wife might be different.

It's a difficult balance because you have to look after yourself too. Anyway, I think you're handling this incredibly well and being very supportive. Keep us updated.

#38 LostInDaydreams, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  19. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks all, my wife already mentioned that she wasn't ready for me to say hi to Laura yet. For many of the reasons you guys mentioned above. So it's seems that I was out voted lol. No really, like I told my wife. Her relationship her call. But also I think the sooner the better. She asked my wife if I would have a problem with her texting affectionate messages. And this is just not the right mindset. It's not about me, that's between them. I don't like her having to second guess what she would do because of me. And also, if I had any kind of problem with something I'd talk to my wife. I'm not going to get upset with Laura. I'm good to wait, but less time is better imho.