1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my sister has just started self harming

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by joshy the queen, Feb 10, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My 12 years old sister has just started self harming herself
    I can surley relete to our toxic too over realigous house but i just cant do anything about it she is so mean to me whenever i give advice im very nice despite being all my life raised with girls around me i never understand the mean girl they show all of a
    sudden
    Anyway back to the real question how can i stop her she is just doing it with some plastic but i know it wont stop there i have been there before i want her to stop so badly :confused:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She isnt listening to me she says she cant promise me and that the place she is in now is so toxic everywhere school home no matter where she goes she is not comofrtable
    And that doing all this is making her feel good she is starting to go a little deep she also always clean after it saying it hurts more and she wont get infected
    Even though i used to cut too and im very calm about it with her that she shows me every time she do it
    But im tearing apart inside idk what to do
    I feel so stupid

5. indiqo

I would not try to get her to promise you to stop self-harming. bc it's impossible to promise for some people who self-harm. then breaking the promise not only makes the person feel they can't confide in you anymore because you may feel disappointed in them, but also can make them feel guilty because they let you down when they promised.

I am glad your sister shows you whenever she does it because it makes me think she trusts you a lot. and that she is taking care of her injuries, this is good too.

I think that providing her with some helpful tips on how to avoid self-injury may help. everyone finds something different to be useful.

good luck.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree 100%. The best support you can offer is to 'be there' to talk to, and to help her find alternative coping mechanisms, if she is receptive to the idea. It's very hard to watch someone self harm, but it does make a difference if you are supportive rather than judgemental.

It's not stupid to not know what to do, and actually, you are doing more than you realise by being kind and supportive.

7. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She didnt like to use any other way to cope with it
    Wtf should i do now?
    As far as i can see she is feeling lonely at school she wants real friends and that her friends are not accepting
    And that she wishes to have a gay best friend her age cause girls are so mean and queens are understandable fashionable cute like me but she says im too old to be her GBF
    Its good to have a fag hag sister but she is in only girls school
    Oh she wouldnt mind a butch lesbain best friend but she said girls at her school are just boring and they never really wants to be friends with her they just use her and leave
    She is trying to be emo now which im ok with im also reading about how to deal with teens parenting
    I hate how my parents ignore her that she even exist

8. indiqo

maybe there are some ways she could find different people to be friends with. perhaps there are some kind of groups she could attend, surrounding things she is interested in. and you could accompany her.

I hope she will be okay. good luck.