1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My physical features make my dysphoria worse...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Naos210, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Naos210

I know I've mentioned my voice before, how it's higher pitched. Also, how males tend to have resonance in the chest, from what I know, whereas I don't. It has a similar vocal timbre to women. Or my more "feminine" personality. But further things I've noticed. My figure is more hourglass, because I have a small waist and wider hips. My shoulders aren't as big. I have more fuller lips. And at least I think I have a more feminine face.

Like the only thing more masculine appearance wise is more body hair, and I have this huge want for some reason to shave it all off. And when I brought that up to my parents, they brought up how "girly" it was, so I never did it. Like, besides the fact I have the sex organs males have... I'm practically a woman. People used to say about how feminine I was all the time. And when you grow up in a household who brings up being a man on a constant basis (masculine, strong, etc., that typical stuff), it gets really disheartening. My brothers are all masculine, they're typical males, so why couldn't I be? It would have made things so much easier. To be fair, no one knows about my dysphoria, so I can't know how they would react to my issues.

Maybe I'm just seeing things? Maybe body dysmorphia as well? It's just always on my mind throughout the day, and it's getting hard to really focus on anything else. I'm just finished high school, so focusing just on this isn't too big an issue for now, but it could be farther down the line and I'd really like to get it addressed as soon as possible.

Edit: This is a very recent thing I've noticed. Within the last month or two.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2017 at 10:24 PM ----------

I forget to say that this could maybe also be a testosterone/estrogen issue or something? It can't be a genetic thing because none of my brothers had similar body shapes or anything of the sort.

#1 Naos210, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, I'm a petite and really feminine looking person too. So my shorter hair looks strainge to other people and reaaaally throws them off.

I get the opposite to how you feel. I see how boys are raised to be free and tough and I wish i could've had taht and something feels missing. I guess raising kids against their inclinations always hurts them. Parents should notice things more and let their kids grow up to be themselves.