1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My nipple appears to have a crusty scab on it?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by icantpickaname, Nov 23, 2016.

1. icantpickaname

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi,
    I have dry skin in general but every now and then I get a what appears to be a crusty dry scab on the right boob in the middle of my nipple and is very easy to move and remove the surface section, it goes into my nipple a bit and i cant remove all of it im not sure if its discharge or something else I dont know how frequent it is as I avoid looking at my boobs I just ignore them they make me feel a bit sick so its hards to touch or examine them (Im Transgender) but I dont notice them that often. My other nipple looks a bit worn out in the same area and my boobs are dry but the left one doesnt develop the scab. I dont want to go see my doctor as I feel uncomfortable talking about it and I dont want to be naked in front of someone also I cant stand the thought of someone touching it when I do I feel nauseous. I would love some help or advice to put my mind at ease.
    P.S Im not pregnant or breast feeding.
    Cheers

2. Really

This sounds like something that a doctor really should see. Is there a drop-in medical clinic in your city's gay neighbourhood? They should be familiar with transgender patients.

This needs a proper diagnosis and treatment from a professional. Please don't try to treat it yourself or from advice over the internet.

3. icantpickaname

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Unfortunately my city doesn't have a gay neighbourhood we only have 2 gay bars & thats it and I'm not aware of any drop in clinics around where I live & I struggle to travel as I don't have a job or a mode of transportation :frowning2: I think it might just be dry skin.

4. Really

Please have it checked. Scabs don't just develop on dry skin.

Use public transport, ask someone for a ride, something. Do not just leave this.

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,

First off, I completely sympathise with how scary and uncomfortable the thought of going to see a doctor is. However, Really is right - this is something you should go and get checked out. The doctor will only be interested in diagnosing you, and will be professional about it.

While the experience might be uncomfortable for you, it'll be over quickly and should give you some answers and ultimately peace of mind.

There are probably many different things it could be, and hopefully there is an innocent explanation! However, what you've described is a potentially serious symptom so you should get it looked at.

6. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please go have yourself checked, it could very well be nothing but scabs and/or an unusual discharge could also very well be breast cancer or something more serious so better be safe than sorry. I have had my breast checked a couple of times and while it's not the best five minutes of my life, I'd rather spend five minutes being uncomfortable than months being sick with chemo for having waited too long to have my breast checked.

hugs to you op! x

7. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi:

I agree with the other posters that it needs to be checked. There are a lot of things that it could be, almost all benign, but the only way to actually know is to see a physician.

If you are in Adelaide, AUS there is a queer support line for South Australia/Northern Territory:

SUPPORT HOTLINE: (08) 7222 9152

they will most likely have a list of doctors who are either trans-positive or educated in trans-health in your area.

If you're not in Australia, try googling the area that you're in for the local LGBT centre to see if they have a list.

(*hug*)