1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend took it so cool!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xalex, Apr 28, 2013.

1. xalex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just came to one of my best friend yesterday at a party. Yes, I was drunk, yes, he was drunk, but it's fine. I don't see any problem with coming out drunk, given that we remember everything the next day:grin: I think it makes it easier, both my best friend who know I told them drunk...:slight_smile:

Anyway, my friend was soo cool! Basically, as a gay guy, I made out with a girl in a party. 5 mins later my guy best friend tells me to go and get her and I told him
    - Naah, nothing's ever gonna happen.
    - Are you gay?
    - Yes.

And then he jumped up and was so excited telling me that
    - Ohh you're my first gay friend, that's awesome! We'll have to go to a gay club then!

I said I'm not his first gay friend but the first who he knows is gay:slight_smile:

He was so cool about this. I think I have overemphasized that I am NOT attracted to him due to my drunkness, telling him 10 times that I'm very afraid of coming out to straight friends because they might think that I wanna hook up with them. Other than this, it was amazing. Later I thanked him on facebook for being cool with this and he said: don't worry about it i won't let a little thing such as that get in the way of our friendship.

I LOVE my friends.

Thank you for reading:slight_smile:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Such a great read! Congratulations!

3. The Dude

Wow, congratulations! Sounds like one of my buddies, very reassuring that the friendship would continue, if not be stronger! Good for you

4. PeteNJ

Awesome! Congratulations! Great to have a buddy who's cool with it and on your side!