1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my friend just came out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Paragon, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Paragon

Paragon Guest

im just worried about the awkwardness that will insue.... GAWKWARD!

2. Totoro

Well if awkward-ness occurs, it usually just leaves soon after...
    Anyhow was it awkward when your friend came out? Maybe use that as your measuring tape xD

3. Paragon

Paragon Guest

^
    IDK, we changed the subject straight away, which probably means yes

4. Gaetan

Maybe try and do it in kinda the same situation? By that I mean at a time and place that the conversation could be steered off in a different direction immediately if it is awkward.

5. i need help

but it sounds like i wouldnt tell KT...and if your ready, do it, if not wait...but if you do you can check you guys together (man i wish there was a 2thumbs up smiley, it would go here)...

6. Paragon

Paragon Guest

^
    that post is interesting, and so is this UPDATE, its a long one guys.

Today in last class (or period or whatever it is stateside) me and KT were sitting together at the back of the class, we had a sub teacher and were allowed to chat away amongst ourselves, so i initiated a conversation about 9 (who was sitting in front of us, so we codenamed him llama, we codenamed homosexuality as crusty pedestrian,and other cute little codewords so he wouldnt know we were discussing him).
    anyway, i wanted to know how she found out and if she was serious when she threatened to spill the beans (see first post) anyway, after 35 minutes of discussing homosexuality with her i realised the following:
    1. KT didnt really take him seriously at first, but now she knows its true.
    2. KT realises how evil it would be to tell anyone, and she wouldnt dream of telling anyone, because she knows how awful that would be. (her words were " oh god i'd never, EVER tell anyone that would be so sly no!")
    3. She has nothing whatsoever against homosexuality, though shes still very uneducated on the subject.
    4. KT is my closest friend in school, im not really very close with 9, ive decided to come out to her after i post this.

And another thing, this whole situation made me rethink myself and my sexuality and ive come to the conclusion that im admittedly only sexually attracted to males, but can be attracted to females, just not sexually, which means id consider myself personally on the fence between gay and bi.

7. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    wow paragon this whole story is quite gripping stuff. I want to know the next installment of the puzzle. You are doing so well already talking to your mates and I cant believe your gay friend (cant remember his number..lol) was so forward with with you. Just keep trying to talk to him about it because he seems like a decent guy and...who best to come out to than someone whos in exactly the same boat as you. Keep us posted on your news. Its like watching Days of our Lives this. :slight_smile:

8. olides84

Good luck with telling KT :thumbsup: ; a good friend will support you.

And if you want to tell '9' later, I think that'd be good too, for the both of you :slight_smile:

9. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Previously, on Gays in Our Lives...

Seriously, silas99 hit the nail on the head. I'm rooting for you! :thumbsup:

10. Paragon

Paragon Guest

(note that crusty pedestrian was our codeword for gay, half crusty pedestrian means bi) i want to text her this:
    "You know that big talk we had about crusty pedestrians? yeah it made me feel alot better about telling you this, i'm half crusty pedestrian, but PLEASE dont tell anyone and delete this text!!!"

11. Gaetan

Yay! Congratulations!

12. Paragon

Paragon Guest

i said i want to, not i did.... :frowning2:

13. Paragon

Paragon Guest

MESSAGE SENT, im out to my first person officially, she has no credit so i wont get her reaction till tomorrow, but i sent it....

14. Gaetan

lol
    Well, um, congratulations again!

15. Paragon

Paragon Guest

I Sleep soon, tomorrow i will have KT's reaction....

16. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

WOOP Congratz! :slight_smile:

17. Paragon

Paragon Guest

KT didnt mention it at all today, which i kinda liked, still trying to muster the courage to tell 9

18. olides84

Congrats on telling KT. Maybe you should ask her if she got the text, and what her reaction is.

As for 9, you can do it! And I still recommend the "_ - _ _ - _ _ _" hangman game :grin:

19. Paragon

Paragon Guest

^
    thats am awkwardness i dont think im ready 4

20. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Baby steps and all will be good :slight_smile: