1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is bi??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by reny, Nov 19, 2019.

1. reny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    This is kind of weird but I need help giving advice to my friend. I've known her my whole life but we've become close in the last few years. She's a bit younger than me and I know her family well. In the last few months she has started questioning her sexuality. Her family isn't outright homophobic/biphobic but they definitely aren't supportive. All our other friends are straight and generally pretty ignorant to the queer experience and accepting your identity. I feel like it's up to me to help her get through this, but I only accepted myself as a lesbian two or three years ago and still experience internalized homophobia and question my own gender. I want to help her but I don't want to make this about me. Does anyone have any advice about how I can help her? Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Tell her about this forum. =D
    For alot of fresh coming-out(young) queer people it can be a huge relief to write anonymous and ask for help..

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just let her know that you're there for her if she ever wants to talk. Having someone to talk things through with, even if they're not necessarily giving advice, is huge, especially if she feels like she doesn't have anyone else to go to.