1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first date, any tips?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by XxDoritoxX, Sep 25, 2017.

1. XxDoritoxX

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A while ago I posted about wanting to date this person. Together we've chosen to keep liking each other and see where it goes, and tomorrow we officially have a date. This is both of our firsts. I've never been out on a real date before, let alone with someone as amazing as them. Any advice? I need some tips on what to wear and bring. We'll be going ice skating, I haven't done that either

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey XxDoritoxX,

Does your date know how to ice skate? Ice skating in Florida, eh? Should be fun. I can't tell you much about fashionable wear (I don't have THAT gene, LOL), but as a guy who lives in Michigan, I can tell you from a practical standpoint that your best bet is to dress in layers (sweaters, tops, etc) that you can put on or take off, depending on the temperature changes.

If it's an ice rink that you are going to (I'm presuming), they will hopefully sell hot cocoa. Personally, I find sharing a nice hot cup of cocoa (with cinnamon) to be very nice and romantic.

Do you know your friend well enough to bring them a small gift? It would/should be something that is a token of affection and not something that they would necessarily feel obligated to reciprocate for. (Although, if that were the case, you could suggest that they buy your hot cocoa - or other refreshment - in return.)

Other than that, just be yourself. And have fun. The whole point of dating is to see if the two of you are really compatible in real life.