1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Eighth Gay Birthday

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by quebec, Dec 25, 2022.

1. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All...Every year on this day...and right about this time of the day...I look back to December 25, 2014. That night the wonderful people here on Empty Closets saved me from making a terrible mistake. They encouraged me, supported me and I came out as gay. Today is my eighth gay birthday and that night was the beginning of a new life. Without Empty Closets I would not be here today. To all of you who have helped me through the last eight years...thank you so very much. There is really no way that I can completely express the true amount of my gratitude to all of you. There are six grandchildren that I would never have met without you. There are about 30 of my former students whom I would never have been able to share the special connection that we now have as members of the LGBTQ Family. The are hundreds of you out there in our Empty Closets Family that I have gotten to know that I would have never met and shared with. I have so very much to be grateful for and it started one night in December 2014. That night Empty Closets members stepped in to help a desperate man who felt like he had no way out of the crisis he was facing. My life is so different now. Even friends who don't know that I'm gay have mentioned that in the last few years I have changed a great deal...that I'm happier and more energetic, easier to talk to and pleasant to be around. The secret that was causing so much depression that was destroying my life is gone and Empty Closets had a huge part in helping that happen! So again, thank you all so very much and when you see someone post on the "Welcome Lounge" asking for help...please, please answer them.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

2. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quebec, congrats as you celebrate 8 years gay! Enjoy your lucid down to earth commentary. I assure you it helps all of us. Love the positive vibe your writing exhibits. I’m a little over 4 years into my gay life and EC continues to be wonderful resource.

3. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Happy "Gayrthday", then. :slight_smile:

I'm glad you found the help you were looking for. I wish you celebrate tons of Gay-birthdays in the future and that everything keeps getting better and better.

Also, I agree with both of you, this site is an excellent resource, thanks to the wonderful staff that is back and all the kind members.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats and how can it be that long already!! Thanks for all you do here advising and supporting people and you're doing that irl too with the lucky people who know you. I hope 2023 is the best ever! :slight_smile:

5. Enzo46

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many congrats! And thank you for all the great work you do!

6. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy Gay Day, @quebec! I'm so glad you found the help you needed those eight years ago, and that you can in turn help others. The team wouldn't be the same without you.

7. Adz6

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations David,
    I’m so happy for you. You are an inspiration to me and others,
    Let’s celebrate many more
    Adz

8. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Adz6..... Great to hear from you! I'm out of time here tonight but I'll send you a note tomorrow!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: