1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out to my Husband....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bunnydee, Jan 5, 2017.

1. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, my husband and I had our first counseling session together. I set it up with a male gay counselor. It went rather well. He seems to think we can make a mixed orientation marriage work. He feels there is going t be a lot to go through as I progress forward and with my husband being entrenched in his own state. But for some reason he thinks we can make it work. I don't know. Maybe he sees something about my husband that I don't as far as how willing he is going to be to compromise, or maybe he is just biding time to allow him time to adjust.

Either way it went well for a 1st session. He convinced my husband that he needs to be more open to socializing and my husband has agreed to go out to a bar with me and shoot pool where I can drink. That is a biggy husband doesn't drink and hasn't wanted me to ever - I wanted to go to the gay bar and see the Rocky Horror Drag show, but I take what I can get for now.