1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Spaceface, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! My name is Luke, and this is my story of coming out of the closet:
    All my life I always enjoyed seeing people naked, regardless of whether they were male or female. Whenever a boy would change in the locker room, I'd always have the urge to peek. Every time I was caught peeking on boys changing in the locker room, I would get called "gay" and this would always infuriate me, because I thought being gay was wrong.
    The reason why I thought being gay was wrong was that I was raised as a Christian, and it says in the bible that homosexuality was an abomination. My religious relatives even said things like homosexuals were sinners and will "burn in hell."
    This got to a peak when I was in seventh grade. My attraction towards men got stronger, and everyone around me knew that I was closeted, because I was saying stuff that was anti-gay. I was extremely depressed, because I was bisexual, and the bible says that is not ok. I was also very suicidal, but the bible also says that suicide is a one way ticket to hell.
    Eventually I met a few gay people, and I was surprised at how nice they were. I realized that they were not the bad guys, I was. I eventually realized that what I believed sounded kinda crazy, and I became an atheist. I also eventually accepted my sexuality, but didn't come out until a year later.
    Back in June, I was in a group chat with my two best friends, and we were talking about the new Wonder Woman movie. One of them (who I will refer to as E) said that the actress who played her was hot, and my other friend (who I will refer to as A) said he couldn't decide between her and Steve Trevor. E and I were very confused, until A told us that he was bisexual. I told him that I was bisexual too, and E said that he supported both of us, and that was the first time I ever told anybody.
    I told my mom a month later. She said, "Are you really?" Like she was surprised and I told her, "Yes." She then asked me if I had a boyfriend and I said no, and she replied, "Then how do you know?" And I told her that I've always liked boys and I have been hiding it from her all this time. She is fine with it but she is kinda skeptical.
    My dad is a person who is very attracted to the opposite sex, and he naturally feels uncomfortable around gay people, but he told me that I am his son and he'll love me no matter what.
    My younger brother didn't take it too well. He calls me things like "faggot" and he rants about how gay people are "disgusting", but I don't listen to him.
    DISCLAIMER: I do not hate Christians. I respect their views as long as they respect my views and the fact that I am bisexual.

Necrose, Blue Nails and Naters2000 like this.
  2. Naters2000

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love your story! I'm really glad that your parents and friends accepted you.

Spaceface likes this.
  3. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Give your brother time, it may take year but Im sure he'll come around.

Spaceface likes this.
  4. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you very much!

He's very homophobic. He's even said things to me like, "If you get married to a man then I never want to see you again in my whole life!" My mom is trying to get him to stop, though.

5. Blue Nails

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's an amazing story!! <3 it's so nice of (most) your family accepting you! Your brother will probably grow up and come to his senses soon enough.
    How did you go about the conversation with your parents? My parents are really religious so the idea of coming out terrifies me and I have no idea how I would go about it :frowning2:

Spaceface likes this.
  6. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Put yourself in his shoe's, he thought he knew and you're a whole different person. He just needs time to adjust, he has been totally caught off guard. Was he homophobic before this incident? If not, then this is most likely just his base reaction and probably not indicative of his attitude toward homosexuals in general.

My father is deeply homophobic, and believes that homosexuals, men especially are "Sex criminals" and should be imprisoned and have their privates cut off. He already has a strong bias, so I know he would hate me no matter what. If your brother has no such previous bias then he most likely just needs time to come around. Just try to have a little faith in him; if you believe, then love will find a way.

Spaceface likes this.
  7. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't really get into that. At camp I had arts and crafts and we were making stuff with beads and I made a rainbow because that was the only thing I knew how to make. I meant to discard of it but it ended up in my bunker, and after I came home my mom was looking through my stuff and found it, and I told her what it was and she said, "You know that's the gay symbol, right?" and I said "Yeah" And then she asked, "Are you gay?" and then I told her I was bi. Also, what have your parents said about LGBT people?

Blue Nails likes this.
  8. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, he was homophobic before this incident. He has always talked about how gay people were "disgusting."

9. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ah! thats difficult, were his feeling violent?

10. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, he isn't really that type of person. In fact he condemned the Orlando shooting that happened last year.

11. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well good, he's not a total homophobe, so there's hope, you are going to need to work hard to change his mind. Just give him a hug or not, gauge his mood before you touch him, some guys have a thing about touching gay guys, and its okay. Tell him you love him. What are his negative perceptions about us? Work to change those perceptions.

12. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If he thinks we're sissy boys, then go put on some ugly, scratchy, raggedy flannel shirt, eat some beef jerky, drink some cheap beer and make a camp fire. Show him you can be one of the boys too.

13. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have in fact asked him why he hates gay people, and he says that they are disgusting and it is a sin in the Bible.

14. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At least he is still talking to you, just give him his space and keep us posted on your progress with him.

15. Blue Nails

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mother said she "accepts and tolerates them" in previous conversations that we had. But I'm not sure how she would react to me coming out. I actually have a rainbow flag I got from the pride parade in my room but she never really brings it up when we talk. Maybe she doesn't want to have the conversation.. My dad on the other hand is extremely conservative and frankly I'm too scared to bring up LGBT people infront of him, but I am pretty sure he isn't too accepting. He is really short-tempered and more than once mentioned how he even thinks tattoos are sinful. haha idk im just rambling now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Spaceface likes this.
  16. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In that case, telling your mother PROBABLY won't hurt. Ask her what your father would think and if she says he wouldn't be accepting that maybe you can ask her to keep it secret. :wink: