1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kai397, May 26, 2016.

1. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    my best friend just came out to me as bi and i want to support her as much as i can, Do you guys have any tips for me

2. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep it secret, keep it safe. Lol Sorry, seriously though. Don't repeat what has been spoken to you. That is one way to be supportive. Adding lgbt vocabulary, content, media, movies, etc. To your friendship is another way. Aware of the politics, the celebrities, books, movies. Don't go gaga for gay throwing rainbows everywhere, if you get my meaning but something simple as asking if they think a certain celebrity is hot is a nice icebreaker into opening the conversation. Basically, you're saying it doesn't change your friendship at all. But, gives the opportunity to get them talking about it and opening up. Who someone thinks is worthy eye candy can open doorways to other conversations.

Or, example: "OMG! I just found West Virginia legalized gay marriage. Hey, if West Virginia can do it than it definitely means the world is finally getting over some of the stupid bigotry towards the lgbt community. You think?"

You'd be surprised how little things like that can get someone talking to you about that part of their sexuality they kept hidden from you. Before you know it, they won't even have a moment of fear to be open with you. So, it's subtle way of getting the awkwardness forgotten. ^_^

#2 A Seraphim Moon, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016