1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My advice about being LGBT and Christian (very long)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SecretColor, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colombiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I literally felt a brink of relief over my body.

2. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was an absolutely wonderful post. It's helped me out ALOT, so thank you for that! I'm gonna have to show this to my Bible study group: it shows exactly how I feel about the subject in a much more eloquent way than I could have ever put it :slight_smile:

3. Ditz

Thank you for the post, it's an issue that I struggled with for a very long time until I recently came across the following YouTube video that might be of interest to other Christians on this forum.

[YOUTUBE]The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

4. Deaf Not Blind

For Jews they are to live by the Law...but according to Christian theology, once Jesus came, he changed things so that he who lives by the law dies by the law, but we don't have to live by the Law anymore because he was the fullifilment of the Law. if that confuses you...let me stew more simple...before He came, Jews had a promise of heaven if they kept God's commands, but as all man is innately wicked, they were to give offerings and sacrifices according to their income and for certain sins. One thing was required is to forgive others, or God could not forgive you. Many have forgotten this I think...However, Jesus was perfect, blameless, and chose to die so we can be forgiven ONE TIME for all. thus as we make mistakes, we won't go to hell if we believe what Jesus says: Love God alone with all of your mind, body and soul...and love all your neighbors and enemies as you do yourself...forgiving one another. In that, I did not see any commandment saying you have no way to heaven if you are gay or transgender. Jesus did not say you can't transition. And He did use a Samaritan woman as the 1st missionary...1st weird as he went to Samaria as good Jews would go the long way around to avoid them, 2nd weird she was SAmaritan which was half Jew and also off in doctrine as they had mixed it up and added paeganism from being in captivity so long, 3rd weird was it was a WOMAN and good Jewish men did not speak to women like that, 4th weird was she was not "moral" she had "been with" many men while not legally married...but Jesus said the man she was currently with was her current husband...he recognized her and her marriage...and although he did correct her that indeed they were in error not worshiping in the temple but on the mountain, he added if only they (judgmental phrase types) would worship God with such love as they (the imperfect immoral Samaritans) do...so she ran and told all the men she knew and they came and believed. Amazing what true love does...it does not shun, it corrects gently and praises faithfulness heartily.

5. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you so much for this. I mean, I've seen things like this, including the Matthew Vines video (which is a really good one, by the way, and if you haven't seen it, you should), but I love the way you worded this. ^_^ Awesome job!

6. Mrcake

This is genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.