1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MtF clothing advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ArcticPixie, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

underneath is a good way to start! lingerie, panties and a cami works too if you dont want a bra. i find skinny jeans just too skinny.!!! so i look more for boot cut, or bell bottoms., i have knee length boots that i wear in the winter with pants over top and no one seems to notice them. tops if you have the right jacket you can wear anything u want under it.
    Be comfortable with what you start with, and then work from there
    Peace enjoy Life

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

yea, I've completely tossed all my male under-garb for female ones (socks included) my next step is to get a pair of androgynous work shoes, or ones that may take a minute for others to realize they're woman's shoes

Panty liners and lower body shapers are your friends if you do tight pants, they'll help hide your"bulge" and smooth out the area down under

#22 Claudette, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  3. Agathist

Out Status:
    A few people
    I just bought my first couple dresses at the thrift store yesterday, I've always been lucky enough to have a pretty curvy almost girlish figure, so I'm pretty pleased with everything below my neck :grin: Also went to K-mart for panties today and got a scoff from the stupid cashier.

4. Claudette

Claudette Guest

eh ignore em lol, just jealous =p and what sort of dresses, I am curious lol

5. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    My legs are already all good, just need to lose a bit of weight again, gained back 5 of the 30kgs I lost last year -_-*.

I bought some flannel shirts today! My mum was like "You're going to wear them with your singlets? Isn't that going to look a bit girly?", all I replied with was "Yeah, but I dont care" and she was cool with it!

Explaon what panty lower body shapers do? Where do I get them?

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

They're half body shapers (full being like a onsy) they "shape" your upper thighs, waist, stomach. However! they are also a nice tool for MTFs to hide a tucked "bulge" in tighter pants, especially when bending over by the back, instead of the knees. since they are usually tight, and aren't designed to hug the crotch area, leaving abit of space & force, against tight clothing

They resemble boy shorts, usually come in beige or black

7. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

pantyliners do work good, or just a thong too.

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2014 at 03:12 PM ----------

i have a couple of dresses now and alot of tops that i wear. also have forms that look great with a bra or braless!
    as for pants or jeans, most fit perfect and hide the boys perfect

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2014 at 03:36 PM ----------

womens panties and lingerie is so much better then mens. better materials, and better colors too. not into body shapers though myself, and if you tuck right, then tight pants are great! like hipsters

8. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks for the info! Sounds interesting, will probably invest in them for winter! :O.

Been attempting to tuck and I can never get it right -_-*

9. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Practice... And alot of cloth tape makes perfect lol 24/7 if you tuck right with tape, just do it every morning, after a bath/shower dry dry dry lol and make it look like a mummy...otherwise the tape can scratch your skin and cause a burning irritation... Except the head... It will hurt lol it can be tight, don't be afraid =P especially at the base.. Otherwise one of your"boys" can get dislodged.. Half out/in causing extreme discomfort

10. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Ehhhheh I just want it to work, i'm so impatient at times!

Thanks for the info! So it's cloth sports tape? Is that right?

11. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Not sure if it's for sports lol I just get "cloth tape" by rexall. But, I mean it's pretty durable. I jog with it on and barely comes loose.

12. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

about right. it looks better when wearing shorts that way

13. Claudette

Claudette Guest

you should teach me your secrets Rabbit =p I was pretty "endowed" as a man, so hiding the annoying thing is quite a chore in tighter clothes...which I love ; ;
    Life torments me ; ; ; ; ; ;

14. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

well taping works great, most days, but it does get bothersome some days. i never wear cotton panties dont like myself, always lycra or satin is best. just a normal tuck works good with panties. but when taped, peeing as they say as a girl is easier!

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2014 at 01:27 AM ----------

taping is the only way! in a bikini most days cant really notice!

15. Claudette

Claudette Guest

omg, I love sitting down to pee, it's like a bonus to taping lol... I wear regular panties when I go to work(nothing fancy, no thongs I mean)...I think I have 1 pair of cotton panties, but I never touch them lol... most are silk/lace.. with matching bra =3 my weakness! which I mainly wear around the house(or sleep in), with my fake boobs (hooray for coming out to your roomies) I'm not a full-time trans yet... so I keep it mostly inside the house or at nights with walks...but.. yea wearing womens' undies all the time feels great! dressed as a Guy a loathe going out, but as a woman... I love going out... it's the feeling of not passing that keeps me indoors during my days off =3

the only real issue i've had with taping... is the irritation at the base of my "member" from shaving... the itching... >.<!! some victoria's secret lotion usually cures this though lol

16. Monika the Diva

Another thing ill point out, if you already have natural long lashes there would be no need to use the fake eye lashes.

17. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

Same here, if you have seen my albums thats soon of my sets there, I find sometimes theres no need to tape! Depends on the lingerie

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2014 at 08:01 AM ----------

I wear my blobs an bra more when girl feeling under jackets too

18. paul samantha

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Developing individual style is what I'm doing at present. The second hand store Save Mart is great because I can get things which just sit on the line going from male to female. Feeling confident and understated in the confidence is what is really sexy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.