1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ms Emma's random gender thoughts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MsEmma, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or roller skates? :icon_bigg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3fjQa5Hls

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you eat avocados? Like... solo? Oh my, fresh pinapple is amazing!

3. Irisviel

My random gender thought would be that I love to sing, and while I'm not any close to being good enough to perform, it's so much fun! Both liberating and dysphoric. I can sing in a tenor and countertenor ranges, and both sound, well, male (although my voice isn't super manly, which I guess is a good thing for me). And when I do, I always sing some less difficult songs by Against me!, the ones you don't need that screaming voice to perform because I can't replicate that. And since Laura the vocalist has the same "problem" as I do in regards to singing voice vs gender identity... I feel quite empowered pretending I'm as cool as she is :grin:. I also like to sing Amanda Palmer songs. She has roughly the same vocal range as I do, and it's nice to have a likeable cis person to admire and to comfort me that at least in some ways my voice will not be a disaster in the future.

So! Singing is fun, and I really love doing it. Sure, I sing mostly male parts, but I'm trying to learn self acceptance through it, too.

4. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been super-bummed lately... Being acrimonious with the wife has become the new sport de-jour. Had some friends from Cali come in for the weekend, so that was a nice reprieve but T got blackout-drunk at a Pure Romance party (like a Tupperware party but with vibrators instead of food-storage solutions) on Saturday at our neighbor's house so that was fun when she came home. </sarcasm>

She said yesterday after our counseling session that she thinks a trial separation would be a good idea, and I'm beginning to agree with her. I started looking at apartments and it just makes me sad. Will I be the old, sad, lonely queen who won't pass because I got to this point too late in life? Or am I just being chickenshit - trying to settle for a half-measure of happiness, knowing that being stuck as Russ will never feel as good as being Emma does in my heart? Can I really do this on my own?

Le sigh. Where is the super-confident woman inside of me that I know exists?

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It can be done, sister! Well... I shouldn't say too much as I've been rudely misunderstood before when I was a little insensitive about this, but...
    I kind of have a naturally high voice. It's still male-sounding unless I make a serious effort (and even then it's not perfect yet since I haven't done much rigorous voice training), but I can sing quite high. Many songs with AFAB singers I can sing without countertenoring on good days, and I can 'kick' higher still.
    Me, at the moment, in terms of singing, I see this as about equally a gift and a curse. Because I love to be able to sing in male ranges, singing low like if I'm singing Skillet or Ravenscode songs (and lower still if I want to), and easily hitting the higher notes of AMABs (minus power metal singers); and at the same time, I want to keep training and training until I can sing in female ranges without a falsetto, too. Many trans women (and cis men) before me have done it, so why shouldn't I be able to?
    That's how I see it... I want to be able to sing both F and M. I've got M for free (though I had to train quite a lot to be able to hit those lower notes), and now I've just got F left, then I'm good to go. :slight_smile:
    I sing many times a day, every day, singing along to music or just singing by myself. I guess I sing maybe about an hour a day in total on average. And as the months have passed, I've improved a lot. :slight_smile:
    Singing is awesome! Keep faith! <3

#25 Invidia, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never settle. Be true to yourself.

7. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's some truth right there. T and I just had a blow-out. I'm moving out, it's settled. A trial separation for now.

Ugh. She's upstairs crying on the phone to her best friend, like she's not the one drawing the line in the sand. She continues to live in this fantasy that, somehow, PTSD is to blame. She said I'm "killing her husband." I told her I wasn't, just changing his gender to match what I've always felt. She said I'm "hyper-focusing" and lying... None of that is true. She's projecting all the old shit onto this because she's refusing to believe that I'm better. She said I had to choose - her and the kids or Emma. I told her that's a false choice, we can have both. It doesn't have to end this way, but she's so focused on how this must fit in some pre-defined pattern so that possibility doesn't exist in her mind, at least not yet. I'm still holding onto hope that she'll see that I'm more of the person today she married 15 years ago than I've been in so many years... But that hope is fading.

I worry for our kids. Great, amazing, smart, beautiful kids who don't deserve this. My son just found out today he's being inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. My daughter is drawing at such a skill level that our home is quickly becoming a gallery... sigh, our home. [Sad panda.]

I guess I become another statistic in the failed marriage numbers game. Chalk it up to repression, the Church, lying to ourselves and to others, and ultimately growing apart because of a deep lie I kept hidden for far too long.

I'm not looking for the blame game here and I don't plan on being a contestant on that shitshow either. Buck up, rub some dirt on it, and get your head in the game, Emma. Shit's about to get real.

8. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's absolutely terrible, Emma. (*hug*)

I'm getting the impression a (somewhat flawed) analogy would be, "Same sweet, improved taste and different wrapper." Am I right, or is that just offensive? Because you're still the loving partner you've always been, it's just that your gender has been amended and you're happier for it.

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom and dad said it was like their son just died too... many of us share that same reaction. And in a manner of speaking that is somewhat true.

However Hats' analogy is quite true as well. One thing my friend said to me though is "you didn't change youre still the same person with the same interests and such".

You are you and being true to yourself. That hurts sometimes. One door closes and sometimes others open up.

10. Glowing Eyes

This might be weird but wearing my (male) tank top makes me feel really feminine. I always wear it when no one is around. Heck, I'm wearing it right now. I have no idea why I like it so much.

Also, this forum. Specifically nobody knowing my birth-name, only my preferred name, and having a female avatar and profile pic. And that people here understand me.

#30 Glowing Eyes, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  11. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, most of my stuff is in the back of my car. It's done - I'm out of the house. T had said I could stay last night but today was the last straw... She outed me to my dad. After a specific conversation between us that I was going to talk to dad and mom - in person, together when they visit in 2 weeks. Of course, she denies that convo took place. Unreal. She talks about a lack of trust and betrayal and then goes and does this?!?

Good news: I have a temporary place to crash until I get my feet under me.

Better/best news: Dad says he still loves me and will always love me. This outing forced my hand re: Mom so I called her and had a long conversation. Lots of questions, lots of tears but she loves me too.

A great ending to a shitty day. I wish I could kiss my kids goodnight.

12. lnamae

lnamae Guest

I've seen your other threads Emma. Hope you're doing okay. Having parents support must make a lot of difference. Sincerely hope things get better <3

I don't really know if some of these things are because I feel more 'masculine' when I do them (the concept of masculine and feminine sort of confuses me) but I do feel just... more myself. Blasting music and working out makes me feel pretty great. I also tend to buy clothes that progressively help me get more guy-ish looking and that helps heaps with confidence. I've started to care more about how I look, whereas before I always felt uncomfortable no matter what. Also cooking for some reason. Maybe because I just like eating food :eusa_doh: but it's sort of distracting just thinking about steps and not thinking about anything else :lol: Idk, throwing away old feminine clothes in wardrobe clean-outs. Studying also just takes my mind off things too. Those are all pretty good :thumbsup:

#32 lnamae, Apr 28, 2016
  13. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blasting music rules :icon_bigg

And wardrobe clean outs too. I found two pairs of pants to be too small today and I gladly threw them out today. Their cut left much to wish.

Good to hear you're better, Inamae.

-----
    Jeez, that moment when you see T and think of one thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Jeez. Emma, you weren't consious, were you?

I don't know what I could write, but I'm hoping everything goes fine, Emma.

#33 Mihael, Apr 28, 2016
  14. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL. T, in this case, is short for my wife's first name, not testosterone. I figured it'd be better to not blast her name across the interwebs. Maybe I could give her a pseudonym instead.. but perhaps it'd be better for me to think of one when I'm a tad bit less emotional. Or maybe I should crowd-source it like that research ship that people wanted to name Boaty McBoatface?
    :wink:

15. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not even about whether you've had the conversation or not, outing you like that is NOT okay! :eusa_naug

16. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it's quite obvious it's your wife. It's just my mind that became skewed... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh. I know a transwoman locally, whose ex-wife constantly plays the victim - bashing her "husband", and acting like she's got the shit end of the stick because she feels "lied to" and whatnot. I just don't get how someone can be so cold to someone they once loved. Especially when the poor girl trusted her enough to come out in the open. :frowning2:

I really hope things settle down for you soon. It wasn't right that she outed you like that.

18. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, totally not cool. Anywho, I've decided - T's new pseudonym is Shovel from this point forward. She can dig up old shit and even stir up new drama with it. :eek:

So let it be written, so let it be done.

[​IMG]

19. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Hahaha, I love your humor Emma :lol: Jeez, it'd be hard to have after going through all that.

...And thanks Emerry. It's probably because of the help from you guys on EC that I feel so much better, actually. I'm passing a fair bit more too. Even today without binding or putting in an effort I got called a "gentleman". Which was totally unexpected but... :icon_bigg Also haven't felt too physically dysphoric since that giant bit of anxiety. Eh, but it will probably be back again at some point. But for now yeah, a lot better :icon_wink

20. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (&&&)

Just want to give everyone a digital hug.