1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother Problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TomLayton, Dec 28, 2015.

1. TomLayton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Today my mother asked me if I wanted to go to a lesbian support group or a gay sports club. I feel like a transguy, so I went to my room and was really upset, I hit things, I think I broke a finger.

I keep trying to tell her how I feel, but she's like "okay, you like girls, the rest is made up".

I don't know what to do anymore, I think that it might be better if I didn't exist.

Any advice would be welcome.Thanks.

2. rachael1954

Family can totally suck. How much time till you can be 18 and leave?

I'm sure she loves you and wants you to exist, she is just stuck in a rut way of thinking and it is how she and my mother and every mother probably was brought up.

She should not treat you like this and she has no way of knowing how her comments hurt.

It sucks but the best thing you can do is realize you are a good person, even if it's hard. Study, or work hard and try to get out from under her negative influence. Try to find friends you can talk to. Keep posting on EC.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I know this probably isn't what you are after and sorry if I offend but perhaps you could go to these clubs anyway, gain support from the members there, and then confront your mother with the support of them so it's not just you saying it, it's other people too. Kind of like a pressure group to make her see.

Maybe show her scientific evidence that transgender is a real thing, because some people need to see to believe.

4. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No it would NOT be better if you didn't exist. You're young, you've got your life together way before most people. Its possible your moms brain just can't keep up. I never imagined the world today, I was so shocked when marriage became legal for everyone. Don't take old geezers personally, your going to have to educate them.