1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More progress

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Caraldo, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Caraldo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I just wanted to share this. It’s been almost 3 weeks and I am still bewildered by my pride experience. This was the first time I have ever participated in Pride. My hometown. The place I loved but knew that if my desires were ever known I would have to leave. A town where people tried to illegally keep the only gay bar from getting a liquor license when it opened in the 80’s. A place where even 15 years ago the police practiced entrapment to bust gay guys cruising. A place with a total population of around 100000. Not a big place. 6000 people! Allies every. ONE protester. Demanding the queers give the rainbow back to god, seriously. I, the 47 year old closet dweller, who once thought I would rather be dead than admit I was a flat out homosexual, walking in a rainbow heart t-shirt up near the front of the parade. Right down Main Street. I never could have ever conceived of this....

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! Wow, to face your fears and march.
    I’m guessing in these three weeks you have not had negative reactions. When you were young you would have, due to society.

Caraldo likes this.
  3. 1cgd

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Even as I gradually accepted over the years that i was a gay man, I told myself I’d never make a big deal out of it, yet here I was last month at two pride festivals, wearing bright rainbow swag and holding hands and kissing my man for everyone to see. Congrats on being the new you!

Caraldo likes this.