1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Out and Getting Push Back

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by vamonos, Aug 7, 2015.

1. vamonos

I have found the more out I am the better I feel. I have less depression and less problems with alcohol.

I have also found that I crossed a line. There are people who want us to stay in the closet.

I got kicked off another forum for posting that I'm gay (they said too many problems for moderators) and I've been getting unfriendly treatment at work.

There is a cost, but you have to make a decision.

2. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I attend some training, in that group I've come out (as bi) to about fifty percent of them, the only ones who still don't know, are the ones who I've heard spout homophobic shit from time to time. They might even suspect something by now, since whenever they make fun of gay folks I always make a comment refuting what they've said, not in a way that makes it too obvious that I find it personally offensive (since I'm sort of 'half gay' myself, tbh), but in a way that makes it about basic respect for our fellow human beings, respect for diversity. Anyway, I respect your openness and courage in being (more and more) out. Regarding those who react nastily - well, I'm trying to only listen to folks I respect, but as for those nasty types...I don't want to know them and so I am training myself not to care what they think about me.

#2 Damien, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015