1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Masculine than Feminine Gays??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Counting Stars, May 26, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So therefore you are a Masculine Gay Guy :slight_smile:

2. tryhtwfr

I see the masculine side as an older trait (18+) so really I don't know. I mean I like sports but I also like romantic films, I like banter but I also like gossping, I like Top Gear but I also like reality shows, I like eating anything but I also like cooking, I like sorting out arguements but I also like fighting (boxing) or street fighting if it comes down to it. Honestly, people are different and you can't tell if someone is gay unless they tell you themselves. Sure, they may be obvious signs and whatnot but ing judgemental and basing ones opinion on stereotypes is the wrong way to go.

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You know, I've been thinking recently how I really wouldn't mind being a top in a relationship, which is strange, considering how emotional, submissive, and 'feminine' I've considered myself, so maybe I've been downplaying my masculine traits or underestimating myself?

Hard to believe a lot of this change in perception came about shortly after a long overdue haircut...

#23 gravechild, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  4. NewView78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely fall on the more masculine side of the spectrum, which makes for many awkward conversations as people automatically assume I'm straight.

I've only been out for about 6 months, so I don't know if some of this will soften as time goes by, but I certainly don't feel as though I am "acting masculine." I just feel like myself, just a lot more free. It's funny because one of my biggest fears about coming out is that I would suddenly turn into a very feminine man over night. I had all sorts of stereotypes about what it meant to be gay, many of them proved wrong.

People always assume I am straight. However, I've never like televised sports, I don't like playing the traditional sports like football, baseball and basketball (although I am quite fond of rowing, cycling and lifting) and I have never been very coordinated.

However, my boyfriend who is far more feminine than I (people always assume he is gay) , is an excellent athlete, very strong and loves watching football. He also loves to watch American Idol, Glee, and a ton of other, what I'd consider "female TV shows" that I can only tolerate at best.

From my experience, I think it is a spectrum and we all fall somewhere along it. My biggest concern now is that I am true to myself and don't try an act any particular way. I spent way too long trying be something I wasn't and now I don't really give a damn what people think, which is very freeing.

5. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm very much in the same boat as you about the being afraid to turning more feminine at the time I came out, people (friends) thought that I'm straight until I tell them otherwise and that I'm not really into sports. I'm more confident as of now knowing that I was proven wrong. And also, I'm the same as you for having the biggest concern whether I'm being true to myself which is very sad.

Right now, I'm just living my life and staying true to my goal until I find a moment in time where I get clear conscience that shouts, "This is who I am, I am LuckyScrubs." Here's to also hoping that I will one day find someone who can bring the best out of me.

I often get confused because I tend to act differently when I'm hanging with different group of friends which later I found out is a normal thing (regardless of sexuality) where people will do this unconsciously as they adapt with certain groups which is different than forcing oneself to change their personality to fit in even though they dislike it (i.e. hanging around same people with same traits and interest can let ourselves to be more open to their idea of interaction and so we blend with them)

I guess one can be whatever they want as long as they are happy and not enforced against their conscious will for the purpose of fitting in. If others try to point me out as "fake", I would just shrug it off and assume they are insecure.

6. yidnah87

(*hug*)

Feminine guys have good personalities and many good traits. A number of us DO like fem guys. Don't let the haters get you down!

7. FreeFlow9917

I mean i consider myself masculine, but i always contemplated on how i would look like in leggings, or some damn eye shadow that would pop my eyes out, or try a bra, or in lipstick. If you ever asked me to be feminine i might be able too, but i notice that im actually good in shopping, idk these thoughts excite me and i would always like to try it, i mean who isnt a little feminine, i like every genre of music except for opera. These thoughts dont make me feminine but it might look good on me

8. Counting Stars

I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Now living in Sydney
    Day by day I think I'm getting more and more concerned about how I look. I'm not fit, I'm flat. But I don't wanna keep looking like that. I think it's some kind of addiction, some kind of self-destruction. When i go to university someday, I'm gonna use much of my time working up and adjusting myself. I consider myself weak... bad thing yeah :frowning2: I always think that: if I can't love girls, at least I can make the guys attracted to me. Which man doesn't prefer built bodies rather than thin bone?

9. motion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think its a shame that we all see whats on the outside. from the way people act, sound, look like. what matters is whats on the inside. thats what love is. dont change your self to find love or it wont be real love. if you want to change yourself such as getting fit do it for you do it to live a healthier life not for love. trust me if someone loves you for who you are you will be happier than if they are only with you for a fit body.:kiss: