1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More good stuff :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, May 4, 2008.

1. katmando

Hi Guys:

I went to front runners again. It was pouring rain, so only 2 people showed up, but I had such a good time. One of the guys was in his early 40's(Tony) the other in his late 50's(Mike), both were very nice. I talked to Tony on the run and we had a great conversation. Tony has a partner, but he said for years all he thought about what will he ever find a partner?? Its a relief to know someone thought about this all the time. In fact we talked for a good hour and I couldn't believe all questions he once had or still has dealing with being gay. I could of cried of relief.. I felt like I won the lottery talking to him.

Then afterwards we went to breakfast and we talked about tv, books etc. Had a really good time.

One thing that did happen to me that was a little scary was this. I didn't realize the park that we run at is a cruising park. Well, the first time I showed up for a run(few weeks ago) I asked a guy in a park car for directions(Won't do that again) He wasn't part of the running group and I will leave out what he said, I just walked away fastly. Then yesterday I was waiting for the group and some guy on his bike comes to my window. Door locks! Its funny because I didn't really know it was a crusing park(I am still so YOUNG, NAIVE AND INNOCENT-and cute don't forget CUTE-hehe) Well I am sitting at breakfast and I said to the guys I find it kind of weird people just sit in there cars and then drive off, they were like Justin, its known for cruising. Justin replies, OH :slight_smile:

For the last 10 years I have been **TERRIBLY** lonely now I am doing something about it. I think this is a great way to meet people. I am still a little lonely when I am not with this group. I have started going again with the other running group, but I felt a sigh of relief with front runners. Going again. Would like to keep you guys updated!

The people in the group our slightly older like closer to 40ish. One thing I have noticed is I am able to connect much better with men who are a little older. Actually the people closet to me that I like think I would do better with someone a little older. I agree, but time will tell.

Justin!

#1 katmando, May 4, 2008
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. panda

Good news Justin. One step at a time. Or as Bill Murray says "Baby Steps".:thumbsup:

3. Louise

You can talk and run!

I'm like 'hello' *huff puff*
    'What's up?' *huff puff*
    'Yeah?', *huff puff*

And that is about all I can manage!:lol: Hey it is really good to see you getting out and about and sounding so good! I am also an amazingly naive person. Several years ago my car broke down in a notorious red light district of Paris... I didn't know of course so I got out of my car (very hot day) dressed only in a little skirt and and a tank top, with my two kids in tow and stood by the kirb waiting for help. It took me over an hour to realise why cars kept slowing down and looking at us and why there were queues of men in front of camping cars parked all round the woods (yes, yes they do that in France!), but since the car was broken I just had to stay there and wait. Oh the embarassement!

You know it isn't even a question of being naive, it is just not part of your world, if you have never been crusing why should you know that that park is a pick up place... says she pleading the cause of innocence!

Anyway, good to see you doing so well.