1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monogamy in Gay relationships?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CanadianRunner, Jan 31, 2017.

1. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's not why I rejected him...I rejected him because he LIED!!! he told me that he did not have sex with anyone because he knew what he wanted which was supposedly me...

2. smurf

To be clear, unless you have asked, there is no way to know they are in a monogamous relationship. They could be okay with threesomes, with hall passes, etc.

People just assume that if they see a long term couple it means they are monogamous since most people who are open will keep it a secret.

I'm going to echo the feeling in this thread. Everyone has the right to choose what their relationship looks like. Including people who are into open relationships.

I would invite everyone to explore how you talk about your preferences, though. A lot of the time people will pass judgement with what they say without meaning to.

People in open relationships are also very much into being loyal. Their commitment to their partners just looks different than yours, and that's okay.

The only difference between monogamous and polyamorous relationships is the amount of partners that you choose to have at any given time. That's it. Everything else is the same when it comes to core values, commitment, and respect.

I would encourage you all to please be mindful of how you talk about other relationship structures.

3. CameOutSwinging

Ah, got it. Makes way more sense to me. Thanks for clarifying!

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fair points, I probably typed too fast without thinking more about my choice of words for purposes of the point I was making. Nonetheless, my point reflects my belief that each couple should define for themselves how their relationship should work.

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, i agree with you. I was just clarifying the concept. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wouldn't have even the slightest idea how to. :lol:

Even just dating, I would be monogamous (and would expect the same) right from the start.
    That probably is alittle overbearing & clingy...but its just how I feel.
    The fact I don't date probably is better for me anyway.