1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Momma

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by idream, Jul 13, 2014.

1. idream

idream Guest

My mother is a christian, and her husband may as well be a preist. He's really changed her, in a very negative sense. A few years ago, I'm sure she'd have been generally okay with my sexuality. Now I feel like when I tell them, he'll try to excorsize me or something and she'll play along. I think she already knows...and I can't go on hiding this part of me. Its killing me. I'm already out to my dad, his fiancee and her daughter and they're okay with it. I figure if I come out all the way, they'll be my safe place if my step dad goes berzerk. On another note, my brother is basically a homophobe. I cannot begin to predict how he'll react, but he won't be around because he's going to the airforce...ugh, I really want to do this and I guess what I'm asking for is support? Help...

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I may ask, how old are you? Does your mother have sole custody rights(if you are under 18)?

3. idream

idream Guest

Man, I keep trying to figure out how to display my age. I turn 16 this month. If she wanted to, she could demand I live with her but she wouldn't do that 1) because she moved to Arizona so I could be closer to my father and wouldn't refuse if I requested to stay with him and 2) she'd probably be happy to be rid of me once she finds out I'm gay. Anyways, she has a daughter (her husband's) and another on the way as well as a son. I think she'll be just fine....I think...

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not trying to scare you, but some parents believe they can "cure the gay the out of you", especially if you have a step father that has connections with ex-gay ministries in the church. Has she said anything about reparative therapy for gays etc? I'd say the main thing is that you have a plan B like I do(except mine would be uprooting from my own place and moving to TX to stay with my cousin) if they try to strong-arm you. I am worried that if your mom has sole custody she can get the authorities involved and bring you back to their home. I will say just because someone is a pastor does not mean they will always be anti-gay.

5. idream

idream Guest

I know about all that silly cure for gay stuff but even if they try to pull that bull, it obviously won't work. I don't think they'd be that drastic though. I sort of feel like my mom would think I'm confused, but would try to understand...

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just wait until the time is right and come out to her when stop-dad isn't home. Just in my opinion.

7. ABeautifulMind

You might consider doing it with a letter one weekend when your with your dad.