1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom makes me see a pastor at my local church to FIX me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BillCozby, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Silverbells000

This is....interesting. I see your mother has good intentions but I wish she, and others in similar situations, wouldn't try to "fix" their child.

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Regardless of her intentions, your mother doesn't own you.
    You're 19, sure you might still live with her, but she's got no buisness forcing you to see a pastor, especially not in an attempt to 'fix' you.
    Unless she's threatened you with throwing you out or disowning you, I'd try to have a quiet conversation with her.
    Try to express to her that:
    A. You love her.
    B. You're sure you're gay and don't feel sick, hurt or otherwise negatively affected by it.
    C. You're a adult and an individual: she might do it out of love, but it's your choice whether you want to see the pastor or whether you want to be fixed.

Religion can be quite tricky, but it might help to look for either LGBT accepting denominations or otherwise seek social help, like hot-lines or LGBT friendly counceling orginisations.

Best of luck and lots of support, Thomas

3. agonizingnose

sorry bout our phycho mum man... mines just conservitive :dry:

4. Hexagon

Repeat after me:

"No, I will not go to that church ever again. I'm am gay, not broken, and there is nothing wrong with being gay".