1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMORPG-World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tarruin, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Tarruin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I looked through the first few pages and didnt see a thread for this fun game and wanted to make one to see if anyone else played it here and see how there likimg the new content or if they they honor the Horde or would lay down there virtual lives for king Varian and the rest of the Alliance. So where do you stand on garrrosh vs anyone else for horde warchief and if you do have an opinion who should be the next leader of the horde. Or whats your opinion on how little attention is going to the alliance in this xpac. Where do you stand on the game its sef what do you think should be fixed or any bad ideas about the game (leave it a mystery and dont addd your guild name character name or anything like that only server and class at most) now lets see some convos come out of this ( sorry for bad spelling and bad grammer computer currently down and only have phone and XBOX to use)

2. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I played WoW from start of vanilla through early cata.

Was a tank for most of that and I'd like to think a fairly decent one considering people never leaving me alone for heroics from BC onward! Maybe I'm just one of the few that stuck with the role though...

But I don't play anymore. I lost an item and Blizzard refused to restore it. When I demanded they do so or never see a dime of my money again, they still said no.

So I deleted all my characters and canceled my subscription.

I might have anger issues!

3. Tim

Tim

The ironic part is they added a system that lets you automatically restore deleted/sold items every 30 days on the website. xD (There's limits, like, how long ago it was deleted though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

4. vyvance

Some of my friends got me to play it a bit in the past, but I could never really get into it. I don't like dungeons/raiding, and the pvp is meh in wow, so it just never caught my attention for long.

5. Robellious

I always thought about playing that game.. I did.. but It only lasted for two days.. And that was like two years ago..

Is World of Warcraft still worth playing? Is it still newbie friendly? if so, I might try tpo get back into the game.

6. Tim

Tim

Nope. Unless you're a hardcore player, they don't really care about you anymore. Lol.

7. Formality

I used to play it but it was just too much for me with the whole Pandaria thing (I played one patch MoP). Cataclysm was great fun though. Now I'm all into Guild Wars 2.

8. Andane

Really? 'Cause a lot of people have been arguing the exact opposite. Although I disagree with both, it's not like it caters to one or the other. You shouldn't really have any problems getting into it.

But anyway, yeah, I love WoW and a couple of friends and I started playing soon after WotLK launched, and have played consistently until recently. My first character was a hunter, and is still my favorite today, though I also like playing healers, and evidently I'm pretty good at it according to my guildmates, so my other main is my shaman. Pretty much all of my friends have drifted away or quit though, and after a short hiatus a little while ago, a lot of my guild friends have gone too :frowning2: While I still really like the game, it's not as fun without friends to play with. I've been debating getting back into it though, and might sometime in the future, but for now, I've been playing Guild Wars 2 on and off since I don't have to worry about a subscription. That game's really good too, but WoW has the nostalgia factor going on too :/

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last I remember, when you joined, everyone goes "LOL N00B"

A couple friends I had tried getting me to play the game, despite the fact that I wasn't allowed to at the time. I ended up losing both friends to that game.

10. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I shake my fist in anger! Furious anger even!

I miss tanking too. Was a warrior tank and honestly I don't know how other classes filled the role. After a good 4-5 years of warrior tanking every other tank class felt wrong.

I did some paladin face roll cleansing in vanilla days though. And....man, I can't remember the mod I used to keep track of blessing timers and what paladins in the raid buffed who with what....Gah, no wonder I never played anything other than tank!

11. Robin

I still play WOW, but I can't deny that it's a dying game, even if it's death is incredibly slow. I'll switch to Elder Scrolls, if it's good, once WOW gets old. Otherwise, I love WOW. There are a lot of memories in Azeroth.

12. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started playing it shortly before cata.

I play both sides. I prefer Horde, but Alliance is fun too. My favorites are blood elves, night elves and undead, but I've played every race. (Only females, though. Can't stand male WoW characters.)

I have two 89s, a blood elf mage and an undead rogue. I also have a night elf druid who's somewhere around 86 or 87 (I forgot exactly). Pandaria is amazing. It's so beautiful, and it has such awesome quests. Sometimes I just stop and stare at the scenery around me.

13. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I always enjoyed lesser played class/race/gender combinations.

I spent most of my wow career as a female orc warrior for example, and I can honestly say I only ever knew one other tank like that.

14. Tim

Tim

I actually love playing female dwarves. Their animations are the best in the game for me, aside from female Pandaren. Omg, they really outdid themselves on the pandaren.

I have like, 4 female dwarves and 3 female pandaren. xD

One of my toons is one of only 58 of the gender/race/class combos at level 90. (I won't say which, as that enables you to narrow down the characters I might be. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) I enjoy playing unusual combos.

15. hershey anershy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I played WoW up until a couple years ago, and then I started up again in January because my friend wanted someone to play with. It feels weird playing it after so long, and I realize that when it comes to gaming, I like being a solo player, which is really odd. Like I would join a guild or a party, but then I would just find myself getting so frustrated >_<

But I will definitely say that I love playing as a Paladin, it's fun~!

16. Andane

Man, I've been trying to perhaps switch over to GW2 since right now none of my friends are playing MMO's since it doesn't have a subscription, but I've kind of been debating on starting WoW again. A debate I'm losing currently (damn you nostalgia!). Although getting back in after even a few month hiatus always seems like a bit of work -_-" Urrgh, I'll have to think about this. I still do have a hunter sitting at 86 and a druid and shaman at 87.

17. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I used to play WoW before cataclysm came out, had lvl 80s of everything, with the best gear possible (at the time) on my resto druid. I was contemplating getting back into it a few days ago. The changes made seemed alright, until I got to talents. I looked at the current talent system from MoP and wondered why people are still playing WoW. Who the hell decided at blizzard to change an awesome, long, versatile talent system into a pick-between-3 system, that only has 6 overall choices. That has completely ruined it for me, as the talents aren't that great anyway. Paladins now with 6 second stuns and druids with 5 seconds? What is this? I swear this is just becoming ridiculously noob friendly with every class having the potential to kill enemies within stun time. It's starting to turn into a cheap MMO where the winner is the one who stuns first.

I got bored of GW2 though because I was one of the first to 80, got every class to 80 and also acquired 3 legendary weapons over my characters pretty quickly. I'm not sure what they've added now but I stopped playing before Wintersday event, I just had everything already and the end-game is completely dead at the moment. To be honest, the thing I hate most about GW2 is that there are no healers or tanks. Anet brag like it's a good thing, but I personally LOVED playing healers and tanks in WoW, I hated playing DPS. I loved having everyone else rely on you, it just added adrenaline to the already awesome tough fights. Sigh, I feel like there's no good MMO anymore. I bet WoW would get a tonne of players if they decided to release either vanilla, TBC or WotLK server, when the game was actually good >.>

tl;dr - MMOs suck now.

All the best.

#17 Zaio, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
  18. Kyllani

I don't know that I'd agree with you, at least not for the lower levels. I think it's more newbie friendly than ever. Their new thing is to put you on a caravan from one town to the next when you're finished with your quests. They've added in their versions of some of the most popular add-ons at this point. I remember getting super frustrated when I first started playing because none of that was in the game and I was very new to MMOs.

I don't know about end game, though. I haven't really played much since Mists came out. I got a panda monk to level 17 or 18 and got my 85 druid 3/4 of the way to 86. But if raid finder is anything like it was in Cata...ugh. Raid finder taught people to be lazy, incompetent raiders. I curse that expansion!

I have six or seven 85's waiting to get to 90, but I don't really have any interest in playing anymore. I just got sick of the community and the massive amounts of rude in the game. So, rethinking my first assessment, perhaps in that way it's not very newbie friendly. But, perhaps I was just on a server full of trolls. It could happen.

I pretty much exclusively played Horde...the highest level Alliance character I have is probably level 27. I'm a healaholic so most of my toons are healers. I have three or four priests.

Talking about it kinda makes me want to play it, but...eh, perhaps not.