1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Signals + Self Esteem

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by charlavail, Oct 18, 2013.

1. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    So I've pretty much put my entire self worth into one person, and it's tearing me apart. I met this girl about 2 months ago, and I (to this day) think she's the most beautiful person I've ever met. I got up the courage to ask her to get coffee with me, and it was the best day ever.

Every time we see each other to have lunch, coffee, or just walking to class, we have the best conversations. I've never met anyone who I can be so silly with, I feel like shea ctually gets me and doesn't judge me when I'm around her.

She does cute little things and says things that signal that she may like me, but then she turns around and is so cold and ignores me for days at a time. I don't get it, and it sucks. I feel like there is something wrong with me, and I don't know how to fix it to make her like me how I like her.

I have problems with anxiety and body image (I've suffered with eating problems since I was about 9-10), so I do honestly think that I am just annoying her, and she thinks I'm disgusting, and she doesn't ever want to see me again. But then she goes and asks me to hang out with her, and I am so confused.

A part of me wants to just completely stop talking to her. I like her so much, her personality is amazing, and I feel like even as friends, we would be great, but it's such an emotional and mental rollercoaster for me, I just want to ignore her. It makes me sad to think I could lose this potentially amazing friendship (and maybe something more), but it has actually extremely negatively affected my depression, anxiety, and self image.

I know this sounds dramatic, but I've just been going through a lot of things, and I think I got emotionally attached to her too quickly because of how great she is, and it's the only "happy" thing in my life right now. I don't know what to do.