1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Mike Pence and Donald Trump Are Preparing To Destroy LGBTQ Equality Rights

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by JonSomebody, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    See? She gets it.
    The way I see it, people with the mentality of a petty middle school bully shouldn't be considered competent. Why anyone here would want Pence on the throne is beyond me, but I think I can blame self-hate, you probably haven't accepted yourselves.

The only time I ever made self-destructive decisions was back when I was in denial.

2. seeking

I think we just have to wait...We have to remember most of the laws on the 'book' took years to get in the 'book'. It be quite hard to change everything in 4 years.

Plus Trump doesn't exactly act linear...hard to predict and he does contradict himself as I have seen in his speeches and interviews. So he's not the best liar if you want to phrase it in that manner aka doesn't say whatever is on his mind and just give fillers until he is ready to say what he wants.

I think as a president he has bigger fish to fry. We are dealing with people who are using Guerrilla warfare, there are environmental issues, economic issues, and international relations has to be kept up.

If people don't like what he is doing when he does whatever he does...this is why people protest...without protesting a lot of things wouldn't have changed in life.

Keep living, keep loving, and keep educating people about difference.

3. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it is necessarily a parallel situation but I do agree that an LGBT vote for Trump makes no sense. If someone is LGBT, female, Latino, PoC, Muslim, or disabled and they voted for Trump they are voting against their own interests. I think it is perfectly acceptable to judge them for their vote. White straight men voting for Trump makes sense.

LGBT people supporting Trump and Pence......... They have some serious self-hatred issues.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can sure as hell judge someone just as much as they judge me. Their opinion marginalizes me and millions of others and I do not respect that. Why you can't see that I don't know.

5. Asking

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, I'm just hoping that he said all those stuff to get elected

6. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do you know what the interests are of all those people you listed? Explain to me what that means. What interests do these groups hold that they are voting against?

What about all the white straight men who voted for Hillary? If white straight men voting for Trump makes sense, then we have to conclude that white straight men voting for Hillary much not make sense.

So then both candidates have a group of people voting for them against their own interests?

Clear this up for me.

You can judge someone if you want to, but what good does it do you? Tell me how it helps you. I get that you are angry, and I get that you are frustrated, and its fine to vent those feelings, but judging others in the same manner you know you have been judged in doesn't erase the things that happened to you. You don't have to be nice to people who are mean to you, but you also don't have to try and hurt them back.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's mind-boggling how many people have overlooked this. It's not a side trait of Trump; It's a defining characteristic, and everyone who's ever done any business with him has said this to some degree.

This link by the BBC includes only some of these things: Donald Trump's pending lawsuits and his presidency - BBC News

So when people (left or right) bring about how "Trump said X thing" as if that should hold any validity, it really makes me wonder who really paid attention and it scares me how seemingly low that number is. It's also the very reason why I and many others are pointing to Pence for the reason of our fear. The man nearly negotiated his way into bringing the 1950s back to Indiana, as far as we were concerned.

8. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trump has said Mexicans are rapists and has said negative things about Latinos in general. He has talked about breaking up the homes of immigrants. He doesn't want to allow refugees into the country. He has called women some pretty awful things... He made fun of a disabled person. He called for a ban on Muslims to enter the USA.

Pence has legislation in Indiana that are anti-LGBT and anti-woman. He also has made statements that are anti-refugee and anti-immigrant.

Every statement Trump made during his campaign was against someone in a minority group. It is against their interest to vote for him because he obviously doesn't care about them.

I don't even think Trump is good for straight white men but at least they would have an excuse for voting him. Trump has said nothing bad about straight white men and his policies wouldn't affect them. I didn't mean straight white men voting for Hillary doesn't make sense, just that they are the only group that has any excuse to vote for Trump.

#28 midwestgirl89, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2016
  9. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is basically the way I felt before the election, and his possible appointments afterwards have done nothing to give me any optimism. :frowning2:

10. Flowey

If there's a like button, I want to click it.
    Beside, Huffington Post? They're shit at forecasting :rolle:

11. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let's just look at this one part and examine it.

He never said "All Mexicans are rapists" He said, "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

So you tell me where he is saying that all Mexicans are rapists. Is he saying that some of them are rapists? Yeah. Is he saying some of them are good? Yeah. Are some of them bringing in drugs? Yeah.

I get that you are frustrated, but do you see how your frustration is linked to something that has been spun out of control?

12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How is what he said not problematic? He is basically stereotyping many Mexican immigrants as being rapists, drug traffickers, and criminals instead of just regular families as most of them are. "Some, I assume, are good people." He says some. The fact that he mentions Mexico sending "bad people" and "rapists" is racist because he wouldn't say that about Canadians.

I didn't say he said "all Mexicans are rapists". I said he said "Mexicans are rapists" which he did say.

How are Mexicans going to not take offense to what he said? He basically is assuming many Mexicans are bad people. "Some" suggests just a small amount.

#32 midwestgirl89, Nov 15, 2016
  13. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let me ask you this. Why does he need to bring up "regular families" at all when discussing problems? Why does a politician need to worry about the negative effects that a moral, rational and compassionate person is having on society? Isn't the main drive of government and politics to identify problems that are affecting "regular families"?

The word some means an unspecified amount. Some could be 15% or 32% or 49%, etc. It doesn't mean all. It could be argued it doesn't mean most. Saying "some" is a way of saying there is no way to count exactly. How many apples does the grocery store have? Well, they have some. You don't know the exact number, and neither do I.

14. dreamcatcher

-He claimed a judge was biased because he was Mexican.
    -He said Jeb Bush likes illegal immigrants because of his Mexican wife.
    -He refers to African Americans as "The Blacks" and latinos as "The Hispanics".
    -He even refers to African American people in his rallies as "His African Americans".
    -He has refused housing to African Americans in the past due to their race.
    -Let's not forget the birther conspiracy which was a completely racist attack against President Obama. Trump had no evidence showing President Obama was not born in the US. And even after President Obama released his birth certificate, he still refused to acknowledge it. (also Obama's mother was a US citizen, therefore making Obama a natural born US citizen anyway.. so Trump's entire argument was flawed to begin with and utterly racist)
    -He has claimed that sexual assault is to be expected when you put men and women in the military together.
    -He compared women to buildings, belittled his models, said all women are gold diggers, said abortion should be punishable, and said Hillary couldn't satisfy her man so she can't satisfy America... (repulsive..)
    -He has said he likes War heroes that haven't been captured, which is a complete diss to veterans around the country.
    -He said he doesn't support same-sex marriage and chose a major homophobe as his VP.
    -He chose white supremacists such as Stephen Bannon to join his cabinet. Keep in mind Stephen Bannon has said things such as he didn't want his daughters going to school with Jews. White Nationalist groups have Stephen Bannon will help uphold policies that will benefit white supremacists around the country.
    -Members of the KKK openly support him.
    -He openly mocked a person with a disability on TV.
    -His properties have been sued multiple times for violating the Americans with Disabilities act.
    -In his original campaign, he wanted to get rid of Obamacare and cut down on medicaid, which is a huge source of funding for people with disabilities.
    - Grab em by the pussy. Enough said.
    - He has been accused of rape by his ex- wife, a 13 year old, and his former business associate. There are plenty of rich people that don't get accused of rape... Hmm, I wonder why he has...

So my question for you is do any of these things said bother you? Is it really hard to understand why people are upset? Yes, the media overhypes certain things but the media didn't make him say or do these things.

I just wanted to add that if any one of us were to say anything like this in our job, we would be fired instantly, but somehow if you're a rich white man, it gets you elected president.

#34 dreamcatcher, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  15. seeking

There is no LIKE button....but I needed to give a thumbs up. :eusa_danc :thumbsup:

16. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

What the literal fuck? This is like saying that gay men are rapists and pedophiles, but "some I assume are good people". Nope, that's still homophobic as fuck. And your comment is still racist.

My aunt and my cousin are mexican. They did nothing to harm others. And saying "Yeah, mexicans are rapists, oh, but SOME are good people" doesn't make it any less racist or insulting.

17. DoriaN

It's funny because I know a lot of Mexicans and Latinos that voted for Trump (As well as all other minorities of course) because they dislike the -illegal- immigration since it hurts them directly.
    I also know a lot of lgbt people who want to be 'careful' about letting Muslims in because according to the Quran and in Sharia Law we'd all be killed (If not for believing in Allah then simply because we are haram and commit the sin of Shirk). Interestingly Hillary is a huge Muslim supporter/apologist and even has shady ties with as a single example the Saudi government (accepting money from the officials that had a woman beheaded and many others killed), but that's a different can of worms.

People really cling tight to issues politically correct, but not everything is black and white like both sides try to paint it.

Despite the things Trump said or what people think he said, he actually gained favour with minorities in the exit polls.
    There are Mexican rapists. There's rapists of all races in all places (Good people exist everywhere as does evil people, but those that break the law (illegally immigrate or believe in faithful fundamental doctrines) are more prone to being morally reprehensible), but it's easy to let trigger words rile people up since in this day and age we seem to be pushing a sensitivity agenda. The media loves focusing on race and purporting racial tension but there's a bigger picture (Race doesn't matter, it's ideological belief that favours totalitarianism and violence).

We're all humans, we aren't that different from one another, so to some degree we all have 'common sense'.
    Donald Trump works and employs all races and orientations, he knows gays and most assuredly has gay friends, when you're rich (employing many people) and your wife is into fashion (It's a stereotype but it exists for a reason) it's hard not to I'd think.

18. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will just copy below a response that someone else made eloquently well.

---------- Post added 15th Nov 2016 at 05:37 PM ----------

:eusa_clap

#38 midwestgirl89, Nov 15, 2016
  19. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you think Trump is biased because he is white, straight, or male?

And?

So he calls black people both black, and African Americans? And?

If you read the articles about African Americans not getting housing at Trump properties it is when Trump's dad was in charge. Donald Trump wasn't in charge then, and he clearly allows African Americans to live in his properties now, as well as work in his businesses.

Also, if you're mad about that then are you also mad about Bill Clinton saying "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee," in reference to Obama? The Clintons think a black man should be serving them coffee? Why? Cause he's black?

How is it racist to want to know if the President is a U.S. citizen? Trump must be a racist because he is white, right? And how is that not you being a racist?

-
    What's your point here? Are you saying young men don't ever sexually harass women?

Well, clearly Hillary wasn't enough for Bill considering he cheated on her. Why is she still with him? You aren't repulsed by a woman who is with a man who stuck a cigar up the vagina of a woman who wasn't his wife? Why is it repulsive to point that out? Why does pointing out terrible behavior make you feel uncomfortable?

And? Obama has been sending people off to die for 8 years now. They come home and are forgotten about. You haven't mentioned that, so I assume that doesn't matter to you. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There is no such thing as homophobia. You aren't scared of gay people. Maybe you hate gay people, but there is no such thing as being afraid of them. That having been said, if Pence is such a terrible homophobe then why has he lost so many evangelical supporters for changing the language of the Religious Freedom Reform Act to prevent discrimination of gay people?

So you are upset a parent is deciding who he wants his kids go to school with? If your kid was going to go to school with, let's say, a convicted pedophile, would you just be cool with that?

You might not like the way he is acting, but he has every right to decide what his childs education will be like.

Black Panthers supported Obama. So what's your point?

Yeah, the hand waiving. He does that a lot. He didn't just do that for that one guy.

Again, Obama has been sending people to die in a war zone for eight years and they come back missing legs, arms, hands etc. Why are they struggling to get care? Do you real care more about that trump got sued than that veterans aren't taken care of by the country they died for?

Except he is keeping many of the things about Obamacare that he thinks work.

And? Again, sort out your priorities. You have a mass slaughtering of LGBT people by a guy who swore allegiance to ISIS and you're worried about some crap Trump said a decade ago? Is it really that important? Obama showed his penis to a group of women on a plane. Go look up the video. It's on YT.

Rich people get accused of crap all the time. Are you telling me that you know of every generally un-reported case in al of history? Really?

So are you saying you want to talk like Trump but you can't because you will be fired?

20. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll just add that if you replace Mexican with gay it sounds incredibly homophobic and I think we could all agree with that.

"When gay people come, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with them. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

That sounds like a large portion of gay people are drug addicts, drug dealers, criminals, and rapists. That gives out a negative stereotype of gay people.

It is racist to say the same thing about Mexicans.