1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messaging a random person

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lovewine, Feb 26, 2020.

1. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I saw this girl at a wedding recently and I was instantly attracted to her. I asked the bride about her which is why I knew her name. I messaged her on social media and told her that I found her interesting. I'm not sure if she is into women too though, but I made the message as polite, light & sincere as possible. She didn't reply unfortunately. I'm just thinking how would women normally react to messages from strangers, let alone another woman attracted to her? Would you find it rude/offensive?

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you’d spoken to her at the wedding, I think it would have been acceptable to send a message. You possibly could have fabricated something to message her about...like “saw this article and remembered that we’d had a similar conversation” or something.

If you didn’t speak to her, which how your OP reads, then she wouldn’t have even known you were at the wedding. If it was me, I’d be wondering how you knew my name and find it slightly creepy that you’d looked me up on social media. If you’d wanted to talk, why couldn’t you have done it in person? Honestly, I would ignore the message.

3. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, yeh, I would find it creepy too. I shouldn't have messaged at all. :frowning2: I didn't talk to her in person, cause it also seemed random haha Cause she's not a guest at the wedding, but the photographer. HAHA Anyway, yeh, she ignored. Sad. Thanks for your thoughts!

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you’d picked your moment well, so she wasn’t too busy, I think you could have gotten away with a bit of small talk. As she was working, it may not have got very far, but would probably be more acceptable than a random message on social media.

I guess what’s done is done though, so you’ll have to be brave the next time this happens and speak!

5. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huhu, I know. I'm the worst with girls. I'm a confident person, but when I see someone I'm attractive to, my social skills get deleted. I feel so much regret now. :frowning2: Haha!

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try not to regret it too much, we have all done things we would like to take back and do again. Just use it to inspire you next time. I think everyone gets nervous with people they like.