1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental age vs physical age problems?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    *sigh* Yes it's me again. If you don't know about me read my other threads. They will tell you all about me and my problems.

Anyway I don't actually feel like I am my physical age. I did before I realised I was in the wrong body, but now (not like bam! Instant! It took a bit to realise) I feel like a younger girl than I am. Is that normal in transgender people?

2. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

i don't know about you, but i had a time of early abuse and i did feel like i was kind of stuck in arrested development from the time of abuse :/ ...currently trying to work that through so i can mature a little more

3. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh no there was never any abuse! I am 16 years old but I feel like a 12-14 year old girl.

4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When did you realize you were transgender? I'm not sure if I can totally relate but do you think it might be because you didn't get to feel like you were being yourself when you were 12-14? Like when other girls were going through crushes on other teens you were still trying to figure yourself out so you're finally now getting those feelings.

I know for me I feel like a teenager sometimes because I didn't get to go through stages that other teens go through since I was hiding who I was from myself and others. What do you mean when you say you feel like you're younger than your age? Do you mean you are interested in things that 12-14 year old teens like or just you feel younger in general?

5. Alexandria

Oh hells. My mentality can be that of a ten year old, but spiritually I sometimes feel old as the universe. Sometimes.

6. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I realised early last month. I just feel like a teenage girl. I feel like the age of my mind is still that of a teenagers.

7. bdman

funny, I tend to look and act younger than my actual age. My family calls that immaturity. My friends got married/kids, taking care of a yard, so I guess I had less responsibility and could afford to act more like a kid.

8. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I'm not transgendered, but I've always felt (and acted, and looked, and seemed) younger than I actually am. However, I think in my case it's more due to genetics than anything else.

Maybe, before you realized you were in the wrong body as you put it, you were depressed because you didn't know what was wrong. That would make anyone feel old.